Position: PHP Application Developer- Sr. Programmer
Location: Providence, RI
Duration: Long Term
- Architect and develop new Rules and Regulations database application including potential integration into third party repositories such as Preservica.
- Ensure that the developed system has a robust administrative front-end, flexible workflow, and scales to handle many multi-terrabyes of multimedia artifacts
- Ensure that a public API provides easy access to public data for potential use by 3rdparties, particularly with RSS, XML and JSON
- Works with the DBA to develop and implement the logical data model and physical data design utilizing data architecture and modeling standards.
- Assist in the testing of developed applications (identifying use cases and edge cases, assisting in batch testing and load testing)
- Recommend hardware and/or PaaS (Platform as a Service) providers for database, application, and API systems
- Ensure that application fits well with existing enterprise architecture (LAMP, Bonfire, CodeIgniter, and 3rd party tools)
- Minor system administration (Linux and selected PaaS)
- Assist in troubleshooting (API, connections, queries, through-put limits)
- Assist in enterprise architecture discussions and decision making to support desired system infrastructure
- 3+ years of software development experience with ability to demonstrate experience with PHP
- Connecting software applications to database such as MySQL
- Data migration (From/To XML, CSV, other database)
- Stored procedures and triggers
- Demonstrated experience in developing applications in a Government environment
- Experience with RI-SOS existing software including the rules and regulation system, RIGOM, and Open Meetings
- Demonstrated experience in developing, designing, and implementing web-based applications including:
- High availability
- Authentication with multi-level permissions
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player including:
- Change management
- Ability to shift tasks as requirements/demands change
- Ability to recognize and meet deadlines and milestones
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills with both business and technology staff; Comfortable initiating conversations with peers within the organization, as well as the ability to translate business issues and requirements into technical solutions
- Bachelors or advanced degree in computer science, engineering or related field
About our Company: -
22nd Century Technologies, Incorporated (TSCTI) is a government focused Services and Solutions provider. Appraised at CMMi Level 3, certified as ISO 9001, ISO 20000, and ISO 27001, TSCTI has over 19 years of experience providing solutions and services to various Federal, State, and Commercial and Local agencies. TSCTI has won over 120 Prime Federal Contracts with a mix of 70/30 DoD and Civilian contracts. Our federal client list includes US Air Force, Army, Navy, DLA, DLI, Marine Corps, DIA, FBI, USDA, DOE, DOT, DOL and many other agencies. In addition, we are serving 150+ Prime Contracts with State and Local government in 49 states.
With D&B Open rating score of 95, we have been successfully serving customers with high customer satisfaction. Our customer focus with motivated employees alone made us to grow 300% in the last three years. With this growth we have reached 1200+ workforce across the US Continent and OCONUS, serving our clients with pride. We also have over 50 people supporting mission services in OCONUS in 8 different countries. With our high employee retention policy, well designed career growth through training and professional development, we were named as “Best Software company to work for” by Forbes in 2015.
If you already have your dream job then, please refer anyone you know who might be qualified for this role and stand a chance to get a referral bonus from us.
22nd Century Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender,
703 373 7330 ext 301