About the Job
Purpose:To plan, direct and control of the inspection, dismantling and repair of all electrical equipment associated with steam-gas turbine generating units.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· High school diploma or recognized equivalent.
· Completion of recognized apprenticeship program.
· Demonstrated ability to disassemble and assemble all sizes of electric motors.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of 480 and 4160 Volt Switchgear.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of electrical and electronic systems, associated with power systems.
· Ability to read, understand and work from schematic drawings, prints, wiring diagrams, oral and written instructions including technical manuals.
· Ability to work on electrical circuits related to Cooperative equipment.
· Ability to develop own working specifications and determine special tools or procedures required to complete jobs within the general scope of the trade, including efficient planning of shop work.
· Demonstrated knowledge of application and use of tools, materials, equipment and standard practices of trade.
· Ability to train and/or orient other personnel.
· Ability to perform maintenance and repairs on a call-out basis.
· Extensive knowledge of hazards and applicable safety methods in area of responsibility.
· Knowledge of OSHA regulations as related to general scope of trade.
ESSENTIAL AND MARGINAL FUNCTIONS: The major activities for which this position is held accountable.
· Effectively, efficiently and economically maintain equipment owned by the Cooperative as required.
· Recommend and maintain an adequate stock of spare parts in accordance with the Cooperative policies and procedures.
· Study, analyze and recommend and/or changes in equipment usage and/or inventory to determine the effect on present and future operations.
· Maintain record of and recommend changes and/or improvements in preventive maintenance and maintenance schedules to ensure reliability of equipment, machines and tools and from which the history and operation of each and all meters and relays can be readily assessed.
· Safeguard equipment, tools, parts, etc., that are assigned.
· Responsible for cleanliness of work area and clean up of equipment after completing an assignment or project.
· Maintain accurate records of the equipment including, types, nameplate data, drawings and instruction bulletins as required or requested.
· Maintain accurate and up-to-date records on prints and wiring diagrams as required or requested.
· Establish a system of inspection schedules and reports for the purpose of comparing operation of equipment with previous reports to determine any changes which might result in future failure of equipment.
· Perform and maintain a record of calibration tests for all assigned meters and relays as required or requested, maintain the accuracy of meters in accordance with accepted standards.
· Keep informed on current practices by reading current trade publications as well as manufacturer's bulletins.
· Work with control equipment as required or requested.
· Assist in the maintenance and testing of metering, relaying, electrical devices, apparatus and equipment at the power station of the Cooperative as required or requested.
· Perform electrical and other related duties within the system as required or requested.
· Perform other occupational related duties as required and which qualified to perform safely.