Brief Summary of position:
The plant engineer is responsible for maintaining the plant building and equipment in the best achievable operable condition to comply with all the regulatory and governmental agencies, and being prepared for emergency regulatory inspections. He must conduct regulatory and special inspections to the plant as well as investigation of any incident / accident to people or asset, report results and prepares work assignments to comply with them. He / she must supervise equipment and building installations and reparations, and must enforce critical control points and checks that will affect personnel, property and product quality and safety.
- Directs the coordination of all manufacturing departments’ functions to ensure compliance with Company objectives, Quality Systems, and Customer Satisfaction.
- Insures good employee relations on his department and relation with others.
- Insures Preventive and Corrective Maintenance Programs with the Company Budget and Policy in mind.
- Control and Execute Expenditures on the parts, supplies and Outside Contracting to be on Budget.
- Instruct maintenance, production and sanitation personnel in the proper operation, cleaning and caring of plant equipment and systems.
- Insures the work on Preventive Maintenance and monitors department performance.
- Insures work safety conditions are complied with and issues corrective actions upon a violation.
- Communicates with production and sanitation supervisors on problem areas.
- Keeps the objective of loss time to a minimum achievable.
- Insures the training of maintenance employees.
- Reports and Investigate Accidents and incidents as OSHA, FIRE Marshall, NEC, City, CWD, etc.
- Enforces compliance with all Company and Government Regulation, Safety, Fire Procedures
- Assists in establishing quality specifications and ensure specifications are met by plant employees.
- Promotes plant safety through education of employees, directing safety committee, creation of safety programs and incentive.
- Analyzes costs of plant improvements
- Responsible for the financial results of plant operations.
- Provides constant coaching, motivation and development for subordinates and assists subordinates in reaching their goals.
- Actively participates in preparing the plant’s strategic operating plan.
- Serves as communication conduit between upper management and plant.
- Executes projects as directed by Plant Manager.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies
- Provides suggestions to improve process, procedures and department in support of company goals
- Maintains a positive and constructive work environment within the department as well as with other departments and promotes teamwork
- Verifies GMP’s and Safety standards are maintained at all times and take action and/or follow-up when deficiencies are noted
- Ensures compliance with the HACCP program and AIB gold standard
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or related field required. 5 years engineering and project management experience in a manufacturing environment required. Processing or packaging of food/beverage products preferred. Minimum 3 years’ experience in a maintenance management capacity in a manufacturing environment required. Certification in Project Management preferred.
* Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
ü Knowledge of local, state and federal electric codes
ü Proven experience with Statistical Process Control
ü Ability to read electrical diagrams, have good electrical skills.
ü Familiar with OSHA regulations, AIB standards
ü Management, strong leadership, computer and communication skills
ü Exposure to Quality Systems
ü Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
ü SAP knowledge preferred.
ü Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
ü Experience operating within relevant regulatory requirements, e.g., FDA, OSHA, EPA, USDA, EEO, etc.,