Respond with resume to email@example.comHelp
Integrates assembly, fabrication, coating, and metrology technologies to provide product solutions for customers. Works with customers to define prototype specifications and oversees the execution of first time builds. Develops product lifecycle maturity; improves product manufacturability through product work flow yield, throughput, and cost improvements.
1. Works with customers and sales to understand product requirements, define product specifications, communicate manufacturing technology capabilities, and understand special processing requirements.
2. Executes optical designs and analyses as necessary to ensure design compliance to customer requirements.
3. Designs integrated process for manufacturing product (raw material, fabrication process, coating process, coating design, assembly process) with input from Process Engineering. Defines all aspects of the manufacturing package (work instructions, tooling, special requirements) in PDM system. Works to standardize product definition across products and customers.
4. Project manages the manufacturing of prototypes. Develops and communicates the project plan to planning, operations, and quality. Works with operations to develop necessary process technology to support the prototype specifications. Relays prototype manufacturing progress and performance to the customer.
5. Monitors product performance, works with process and mechanical engineers to improve manufacturing work flow, tooling, and work instructions to improve yield, throughput, and cost. Drives product maturity towards production lifecycle.
6. Understands special processing, documentation, and delivery requirements at the customer program level. Works with operations and quality to ensure these requirements are understood and built into work instructions.
1. Master’s or PhD Degree in Engineering, Physics, or other related field (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, or Material Science.)
2. 5 years experience in Optical or Optomechanical Engineering.
3. Proficiency with optical modeling software such as Zemax, Code V, FRED
4. Proficiency with SolidWorks or other CAD software a plus.
5. Experience with Product Documentation Management (PDM) software a plus.
6. Demonstrated strong, effective communication and organizational skills
The Photonics Group
Call us at 919 479 1941.