Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking a part time Office Assistant/Proofreader for a 6+ month contract opportunity in Columbus, OH with our partner, a private nonprofit applied science and technology development company.
This is an Entry-Level Proofreader/Office Assistant position with priority and emphasis on the ability to provide quick and proficient preparation of documents for electronic and/or hardcopy distribution. The candidate in this position will support a wide range of job functions and therefore must have a high level of attention to detail and the ability to organize a variety of tasks, some with short deadlines.
The following are the responsibilities of this position:
- Performs light proofreading on documents and interprets standard editor/proofreader marks accurately to revise documents per the technical editor or document author.
- Supports editor, graphic artist, and document authors during the production process to verify document consistency and quality.
- Uses Microsoft Word software capabilities to create table of contents, list of figures, list of tables, etc., and use “styles” to create formatting templates.
- Follows written and verbal instructions to accomplish assignments of a routine and repetitive nature such as data entry, printing, copying, assembling, packaging, shipping, and filing technical reports and deliverables.
- Prepares and/or formats documents quickly and accurately using Microsoft Office Word and Adobe Acrobat software.
- Conducts multiple tasks simultaneously to ensure deadlines are met.
- Prepares and sorts mail, completes simple forms and checks for accuracy.
- Prepares electronic media for distribution.
- Operates general office equipment such as personal computer, copier, and scanner or other standard office equipment.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Availability to work Monday through Friday 15 to 30 hours per week (3 to 6 hours per day) with flexibility to work on an “as needed” basis and additional hours if the need arises.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to learn new software packages (e.g., Adobe Acrobat and SharePoint), including internal software and tools.
- Experience using multifunctional devices to prepare documents (printing, copying, scanning)
- At least 1 year of experience in administrative and/or junior editorial position.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others.
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.