Pelham Academy is a therapeutic boarding school for adolescent girls who are coping with past trauma and social, emotional, and behavioral challenges. Pelham Academy specializes in trauma informed care and provides students who have experienced challenges in the home, at school, or in the community with a safe, supportive environment. Pelham Academy strives to provide compassionate, individualized care to every student and family in order to help them reach their potential.
- Supervision of residents to ensure safety and maintain a supportive environment .
- Participation in daily routines and activities of residents to strengthen students’ sense of identity and competency.
- Providing in the moment teaching for residents to promote self regulation and the development of social skills while focusing on building healthy relationships and attachments.
- Lead by example and role model for all staff and students appropriate professional behavior within a residential treatment setting.
- Support individuals in the community to actively promote students’ individual strengths and allow students to successfully move on to the next steps in their lives.
- Schedule will include one weekend day and partial evening hours.
- Representing Pelham Academy’s mission while interacting with outside resources.
- Creating additional opportunities in the community for our students to build their competencies.
- Responsible for teaching other staff members how to better facilitate, participate and lead recreational activities through formal and informal feedback.
- Great communicator who is energetic, organized, enthusiastic, open minded, outgoing, and is willing to work as a part of a team in a high energy environment.
- Responsible for developing, facilitating, and participating in recreational activities for the students.
Some college education and experience preferred; minimum high school education. Ideal for recent graduates seeking entrance into the Human Services field who have some recreation experience (camps, YMCA, clinic’s etc.)
Compensation and Benefits:
JRI offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401k with company match, company sponsored pension plan, life insurance, generous personal time off package, tuition reimbursement, long and short term disability, and opportunities for continued education/training.
Candidates should send resumes to: