Oregon Cherry Growers, one of the top fruit packaging companies in the U.S., is seeking a Regional Operations Manager for two production facilities in The Dalles, Oregon.
Reporting to the Sr. VP of Operations, this exempt level Manager will be responsible for leading, planning, directing and controlling production, safety, engineering, environmental, and QA for operations at both the Downtown and Riverside plants. These two facilities are involved in finished goods manufacturing including brining, pitting, infusion, and drying. The Regional Operations Manager is responsible for meeting standards of quality, administering company policies and procedures, complying with Federal, State and local regulations, sustaining good manufacturing practices, manufacturing operations and production efficiencies via equipment and manpower.
Plant Superintendent-RS, Plant Superintendent-DT, Regional QA Mgr., Regional HR Manager, Environmental Mgr., Purchasing Mgr. and Maintenance Mgr.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage annual direct cost budgets, overhead budgets and capital expenditure plan / requests.
- Track all capital projects and perform post installation return on investment analysis.
- Insure that production plant, grounds, and equipment comply with all Federal, State and Local Regulations.
- Conduct, or approve, training of all operational personnel.
- Insure safety, company policies, and good housekeeping is being administered among direct reporting personnel.
- Recommend to the VP of Operations equipment needs, repairs and capital expenditures for improved production operations.
- Create and lead continuous improvement and internal investment initiatives.
- Help ensure good relationships with Union representatives and prompt and fair resolution of issues.
- Promote production efficiencies via use of equipment, adaptation, deletions or additions, and personnel management.
- Provide production output in line with established requirements and customer service needs.
- Inspect all physical assets for fire, safety, maintenance activity, replacement recommendation and cleanliness.
- Maintain a clean, organized and hazard free work environment.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the VP of Operations.
- Oregon Cherry Growers is a food processing facility and it is the responsibility of every employee to perform all job duties and other activities in a manner that upholds the safety and quality of the facilities and products produced.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Operation Management or related field
- Eight or more years of progressive management experience in a food manufacturing environment.
- Background in manufacturing methods, process/continuous improvement programs and procedures, and quality management systems including GFSI audit requirements.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task, manage concurrent responsibilities and meet established timelines.
- A strong teamwork orientation and hands-on approach are critical.
- Leadership and credibility: capable of generating a high degree of respect and trust. Able to build strong relationships in the department, across the organization, with ownership, with union representatives, and with outside stakeholders.
- Able to manage multiple projects and initiatives on tight deadlines and to delegate effectively.
- Demonstrated track record of leading positive change. Train, motivate, coach, and develop individuals and teams in a pleasant, consistent manner.
- Knowledge of all governmental regulations concerning OSHA, FDA, HACCP, HARPC as well as good manufacturing practices for food processing.
- Able to effectively handle conflict and stressful situations due to unforeseen issues that develop; operations, personnel, emergencies, etc.
- Possess excellent communication skills; verbal, interpersonal and written.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
Frequent physical activity includes sitting, walking, hearing, talking, color identification, close and far vision. Moderate physical activity includes using a keyboard, standing, lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, touching, finger dexterity, climbing stairs and ladders and operating a lift truck.
Oregon Cherry Growers offers competitive pay and excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and a 401(k). In addition, Oregon Cherry Growers offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants including females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.