REHAB SUPERINTENDENT- Home Based in Tampa, FL.
Full-cycle oversight of rehab and turnover efforts (budget variance, quality control and scheduling) of property maintenance staff and third-party general contractors.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Create scope and budget for rehab and tum properties to ensure that each property is transitioned or returned to a lease- ready condition as quickly and cost- effectively as possible.
• Execute approved rehab and turn scope by managing general contractors to ensure on-time and on-budget (or under budget) delivery of all rehabs and turns.
• Observe and ensure job site safety during project management visits to portfolio properties.
• Document and submit change orders for approval. Ensure necessity of change orders and proper completion of approved work.
• Based on direction provided by Property Manager, identify costs that should be attributed to Residents as part of the deposit reconciliation process.
• Document entire rehab process with before and after photos.
• Manage quality control review and punch list process for all rehabs and turns.
Education and/or Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• 5+ years of single family/residential construction experience.
• Residential remodeling, construction and maintenance experience.
• Associate degree in Construction management a plus.
• Must have extensive knowledge of codes, municipal by-laws, inspection, estimating and planning.
• Proven record in getting residential properties to rent ready status.
• Strong background in residential construction and remodeling.
• General knowledge of plumbing, electrical and HVAC.
• Ability to work in a fast- paced, ever changing environment.
• Must be adaptable and flexible.
• Must have a clean driving record.
• Ability to create and manage a budget.
• Ability to analyze and maintain workflow.
• Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in Spanish and English.