Maintains the plant, machinery and surroundings in compliance with AIB and plant Food Safety procedures, coordinates cleaning assignments and ensures proper implementation and maintenance of all food safety and sanitation programs.
· Oversees and supervises the day operations of Sanitation Department.
· Assigns job duties or tasks according to skill level.
· Participates in management meetings to discuss Food Safety, Pre-Operational Inspections and Employees’ safety.
· Conducts pre-operational inspections prior to releasing equipment to Total Quality Department.
· Suggests ideas for continuous improvement and changes in work instructions, job descriptions and training needs.
· Keeps paperwork current regarding to schedules, inspections, and inventories.
· Works directly with pest control operators to ensure plant compliance.
· Effectively communicates company, plant, and department priorities across all levels.
· Enforces company, plant, and departmental policies and procedures and work instructions including but not limited to safety policies, GMPs, HAACP standards, AIB standards.
· Hires, trains, counsels, monitors work, assigns work, disciplines, and terminates employees.
· Appropriately handles employee concerns and complaints.
· Monitors time-keeping system (Kronos), verifies payroll hours, transfers hours as appropriate and resolves any discrepancies.
· Maintains teamwork, consistency, and fairness among all employees to foster a positive work environment within the department, plant and entire organization.
· Ensures all food safety principles and legal requirements have been applied effectively.
· Participates actively in LEAN, process improvement and other company initiatives.
· Works in a safe manner, observing all safety requirements.
· Must work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends.
· Other duties, as assigned.
· High School Diploma or GED Required. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
· 3 years of Sanitation experience in a manufacturing facility required. Preferably in a food/beverage environment.
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory capacity or 4 years as a lead in a manufacturing environment required.
*Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
· Bilingual Spanish & English Required
· Experience with regulatory inspectors (AIB, BRC, OSHA, Military, Health Department, EPA, City & County Inspectors)
· Pest Control Knowledge preferred
· Lean Manufacturing
· Ability to lift up to 50lbs
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· MS Proficient
· Ability to operate a forklift
· Ability to work in high altitudes