Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced office position as a communication expert? Do you have prior call center and paratransit scheduling, driving, or dispatch experience?
Join the GCS team today!
On behalf of Global Contact Services, Headway Workforce Solutions is currently seeking Schedulers to join their call center team in Medford, Massachusetts. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of schedules to maximize customer service in a cost-effective manner, while ensuring full staffing of vehicles.
- Full Time - Flexible schedule opportunity
- Competitive pay rate – starting at $14.00 per hour and up depending on experience
- Paid, continuous training as new technology is integrated
- Work in a brand new facility with cafeteria, free gym membership, parking, walking distance to bus line, and much more!
- Address of the call center is: 1 Cabot Road, Suite 230, Medford MA 02155
- GCS provides large cubicle office setting, dual monitors, sound buffering setup, and other technology benefits
As a Scheduler, you will…
- Develop and build schedules to cover peak hours of service, while scheduling to provide optimum utilization of company resources
- Respond to received calls in a courteous, respectful, and professional manner
- Need to have the ability to closely monitor expenditure of van & driver hours as budgeted
- Coordinate Drivers’ work schedules to ensure adequate staffing for volume of service requested within budget
- Administer overtime and extra-board/spares to ensure coverage
- Coordinate with other MBTA RIDE contractors
- Confirm requests of transfers with other transportation providers and make necessary changes
- Work with program staff to ensure safe and accurate trips
- Communicate on a regular basis with Scheduling Supervisor concerning any issues or changes
- Maintain professional performance and attitude in all interactions with clients and staff
- Respond and handle stressful situations without compromising quality of service
- Communicate and follow policies in a manner which contributes to the mission of the company, while adhering to company confidentiality standard
- Maintains an up-to-date awareness of company, staff and program issues/information; ensures that supervisors and others are also informed on these matters
- Attend scheduled general staff meetings and department meetings
- Utilize the CBA to ensure awareness of company activities
- Attend available in-service and continuing education training
- Utilize company human resources as described in the company personnel policies
- 2 years paratransit driver, scheduler, or dispatch experience required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High school diploma or GED required
- Intermediate data entry and computer skills
- Excellent verbal communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have a positive attitude while working
- Must be comfortable in a high volume, production-oriented environment with quality & efficiency goals
- Ability to work flexible schedules including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays as deemed necessary by management
- General office environment working conditions
- You can either sit or stand while performing your job – it is your choice
- You will sit or stand for extended periods of time, while spending the majority of your shift in a seated location
- Computer, dual monitors, keyboard, and mouse will be used continuously throughout your shift
- You must be visually able to use a computer continuously throughout your shift
- You must be able to hear and speak, as telephone & radio interaction will be required throughout your shift
About GCS: Global Contact Services is expertly handling every customer interaction for businesses. At GCS, we take a different approach to every contact and customer service interaction. See, we are process experts who are able to streamline operations. Our team of trained customer service leaders deliver personalized satisfaction using our proprietary training and feedback programs. Each interaction, regardless of the touch-point, leaves a beneficial lasting impression on your organization and brand.
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.