About the Job
Title: Senior Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineer (Top Secret Clearance), N70*
Date Posted: 05/30/2017
Job Location: Fort Walton Beach Florida
Job Code: N70*
Title: Senior or Journeyman, Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineer(Top Secret Clearance)
Job Location:Fort Walton Beach, Florida (Eglin AFB)
Are you looking for a rewarding and impactful new opportunity? Odyssey Systems has an exciting opportunity for a Senior or Journeyman, Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineer supporting the AF Nuclear Weapons Center Nuclear Weapons Acquisition Division, AFLCMC/NDB, Eglin AFB FL. This Division has responsibility for developing, testing, and producing systems and components related to nuclear strategic weapon systems for our nation's warfighters. These products include the B61-12 Tailkit Assembly and the LRSO cruise missile.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
- Assist in developing and analysis of the design of LRSO cruise missile propulsion systems that range from subsonic to hypersonic air breathing technologies.
- Analysis includes the application of thermodynamics, aerodynamics, gas dynamics, structures and pressure vessels, and materials and propellant chemistry.
- Assess design of air inlet and exhaust systems, engine mounting systems, fuel types, fuel delivery systems and engine driven mechanical components as well as manufacturing and test methods required for development and production of propulsion systems.
- Assess propulsion system’s design for reliability and reliability growth testing, as well as the propulsion system’s design for manufacturing activities.
- Review and provide input to System Engineering Technical Reviews and engineering and test documentation to support design and development of the system.
- Assist in the performance of source selection tasks, including conducting proposal evaluation and preparing responses to the proposals.
- Develop, prepare, review, and integrate selected milestone review technical documentation, periodic reports, and certifications.
- US Citizen
- Top Secret clearance (Updated within six years)
- Journeyman level requires Bachelors Degree of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with 5 years’ experience or Master’s Degree of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with 3 years of experience
- Senior Level requires Masters of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering and 15 years relevant experience or Ph.D. in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with 5 years relevant experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of company and customer staff and management
- Travel required
- Ability to rent/operate rental cars while on travel
- Ability to work flexible and varied hours
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.