Responsible for executing defined risk programs by identifying and assessing action to various risks throughout the assigned business line.
- Works to identify, assess and action various risks throughout the assigned business line by executing defined risk programs
- Executes, reviews, or evaluates controls via a quality program and participates in initiatives and recommends opportunities for improved efficiency, effectiveness and/or risk reduction; evaluations will require collaboration with various stakeholders while influencing parties toward strategic goals
- Reports (MIS and engagements) and escalates as necessary to risk management team (including 2nd line of defense) and drives cultural awareness/ education of risk management practices
- Implements key performance metrics across business and prepares executive level reporting of risk metrics
- Escalates negative trends observed; provide insight to causes of risk indicators out of tolerance levels and develop recommendations to mitigate identified risks
- Manages complex process evaluations across single line of business with a scope of multiple risk domains.
- Individual will have a defined authority level to negotiate with business to alter processes or quality execution designs.
- Tracks agreed actions and course correct with business as needed (granted authority)
- Consults with management regarding risks, exposures or control profiles and maintain contact with 2nd LOD peers to help define communications of risk culture/ tolerances
- Participates with senior risk associates and business stakeholders in identification of risk indicators/controls; works with business contacts to define data /metrics used to measure risk
- Collaborates with various stakeholders to drive risk program forward/ over hurdles by facilitating changes where appropriate, within a managed authority
- Reviews identified risks and negotiate actions with business lines
- Implements quality controls/processes and determine resolution steps for quality issue, with escalation and reporting as required
- Ensures the appropriate internal risk training is being provided to the businesses line and influence the correction of design deficiencies
·Minimum of five years banking experience, experience in general risk functions, or demonstrate the ability to perform at proficient level of competence to meet duties.
·At least 5 years
·Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills.
·Effective communication skills to assist in communication of objectives and strategic direction.
·In-depth research and analysis skills for more complex and critical data, interpret and communicate industry trends.
·Negotiation and collaboration skills to help influence and motivate others.
AML Expected Skills
• Governance - Policy & Procedures & Training - Design & Development
• KRI & Reporting
• Event escalation
• Issue Management
• Project Management
•At least 3-6 years of AML related experience in a Large US Bank or related institution
•Thorough knowledge of AML related regulations and Bank policies and procedures to ensure comprehensive compliance