About the Job
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage Full Cycle Accounting Monthly Close
· Manage Accounts Payable invoices, disbursements, and vendor communications.
· Manage weekly collections efforts
· Prepare and run semi-monthly payroll and payroll journal entries
· Maintain Fixed Assets and associated depreciation schedules
· Review all monthly balance sheet reconciliations
· Manage company credit card transactions and reconciliations
· Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Work with Assistant Controller on delegating monthly closing duties throughout the accounting staff.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: A Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting is required.
- Experience working for a Federal Government contractor is required.
- Experience managing the monthly close process in a Federal Government Accounting System (i.e. UNANET, Deltek, Jamis, etc..) is required.
- Experience using a DCAA compliant timekeeping and expense system is required (i.e. UNANET, Deltek T&A, eFAACT etc.)
- Experience preparing and running payrolls is required. ADP Workforce experience is preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Must be detail oriented.
· Must be a self-starter.
· Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
· Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
· Must have good verbal skills.
· Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done.