Live IT Up at Ciber Global
At Ciber Global, we believe the most inspired, innovative and industrious companies should win, regardless of size or legacy. We’re the small company that cares and the big company that can. We deliver breakthrough performances and powerful solutions that are anything but cookie cutter in order to give our clients the competitive advantage they deserve.
Ciber Global is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Systems Engineer in the Seattle, WA area.
The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing solutions using best practices in the maintenance and administration of enterprise systems, including software, platform and infrastructure.Teams operate in a fast paced dynamic environment supporting a variety of complex systems and applications for the client and affiliated business. This person will partner closely with business and technology leadership in delivering systems, which meet and exceed business objectives.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience managing Docker workloads in a production environment (Cloud and/or On-Prem)
- Large scale production deployments in AWS
- Experience working in a high capacity, highly scalable mission-critical web serving environment
- Excellent judgment, problem resolution, team building, negotiation, and decision-making skills as well as the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
- Experience with F5 load balancing helpful
- UNIX/LINUX and some Windows server experience, including expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
- Web (IIS, Apache) and Java application (Tomcat, Jboss, etc) server expertise including installation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
- Experience with Automation platforms (Chef, cfengine, puppet, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Kubernetes,etc.)
- Database Administration – setup, configuration and basic troubleshooting skills for traditional and cloud databases.
- Understanding of internet standards such as HTTP, DNS, FTP, SSH, HTML, XML, JDBC, SNMP and other protocols
- Understanding of high availability hardware and database systems design and implementation including cluster management, redundancy and failover testing
- Knowledge of storage systems (SAN, NAS, RAID Array, etc)
- Experience hardening and maintaining secure systems (Safe Harbor or PCI experience a plus!)
- Network hardware architecting experience with load balancing equipment, switches, routers, and network troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills when working with technical groups
- Ability to produce system documentation, including writing requirements, operational specifications, system architecture, test plans and as-built documentation, all with attention to detail
- Ability to work within formal processes that assure a quality product and operational integrity
- Experience working with ITIL and Service Management best practices is a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Bringing on-board workers for cloud migration project.
- Agile/Scrum environment.
- They will need experience with Docker namely for sensitive PII information that is in flight or at rest.
- Implement standard security practices in order to encrypt data.
- AWS would be the ideal however, if they have other cloud technology experience they should possess the aptitude to learn. F5 load balancing is helpful as knowing it would help them to contribute to the migration effort (traditional data center background with load balancing experience).
- This knowledge would assist them in being able to look at the data and figure out how to move it to the cloud.
- Unix/Linux is crucial, however, if they don’t know Windows, not a deal breaker.
- The Apache and Tomcat experience is not as critical and we do not have a preference for scripting language.
- Just knowing one or more is sufficient.
- Chef is also good to know, but because of the nature of the project, we are open to other configuration management solutions.
- Chef is good as we use it so having it would give them an advantage.
- Terraform we are standardizing for cloud agnostic infrastructure coding, and are not using Kubernetes at this time, so not a hard requirement.
- We have services that are not PCI, but are PCI connected, so this would be a plus.
- Understanding the security constraints around this would be helpful.
- Understanding network principles would be helpful in that it helps them to deal with our infrastructure partners.
- ITIL and Service Management best practices is a plus- helps in the understanding of processes (change management).
This position requires the successful completion of a background investigation and/or drug screen.
Ciber Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Talent Services bring clients a range of staffing solutions, from a single contractor to a team of experts to help achieve their key business goals on target and within budget. Our talent sourcing model uncovers the right IT talent and aligns critical skills with client technology, culture, and expectations.
Ciber Global is an IT consulting company who partners with organizations to develop technology strategies and solutions that deliver tangible business value. Founded in 1974, Ciber is an HTC Global Services company. For more information, visit www.Ciber.com.