Senior User Interface/Experience (UI/UX) Designer
Cenergy International Services (CIS) - Greater Boston Area
This position is assigned to Shell TechWorks. For more information about Shell TechWorks, please visit their website: http://www.shell.com/global/future-energy/innovation/innovate-with-shell/shell-techworks.html .
The Senior UI/UX Designeris responsible for supporting the development ofcrisp, intuitive and functional user interfaces/experiences for a wide variety of technology products, from mobile applications to desktop applications to handheld devices. This role requires the combination of art and science, aesthetics and utility, spanning the ability to research diverse user needs, develop visual design concepts to meet those needs and seamlessly partner with front-end software development efforts to implement those concepts on a technical level. This position reports to the Manager of Software Engineering.
Startup mentality, meaning the ability to rapidly pick up new required skills, and be proactive when it comes to project execution. Passionate about software development and learning new technologies.
- Work directly with multiple customers to design and build modular front end applicationsfor both web and mobile platforms capable of easily supporting many different sites with different requirements
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Collaborate with development teams to define and implement solutions for product direction and visuals
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, interaction prototypes, and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and senior stakeholders alike
- Createa schedule. Work to a schedule. Deliver on time.
- Ensure that a healthy, safe, secure and environmentally conscious work environment is maintained always and by all staff, in compliance with corporate policies and federal and state regulations
Professional Qualifications (required):
- Relevant bachelor’s degree in computer science, human computer interaction, UI/UX, etc. with a solid understanding of computer scienceand graphic arts
- 7+ years of experience supporting fielding software systems as a UI/UX designer, software development skills are a must
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction and experience establishing and promoting design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Experience executing all visual design stages from concept to developmentto final hand-off
- Up to date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle or other visual design and wireframing tools
The following personal traits or abilities are critical for success:
- Willingness to travel up to 25% domestically and internationally
- Willingness to deploy to the field for up to two weeks at a time
- Willingness to learn to work with the tools and solutions selected by the team
- Insatiable curiosity to understand and improve the state of art
- Ability to work effectively and build relationships with all levels of personnel, customers, suppliers, consultants - both internally and externally
Cenergy is a dynamic company that supplies expert workforce solutions to the oil and gas industry, with offices around the world including the United States, Canada, Netherlands, Scotland and Australia.
CIS offers a generous compensation, benefits and vacation package. This role is based in a vibrant office environment located in the Northwest corner of MIT’s campus, close to Kendall Square in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Please apply directly to the position at http://shelltechworks.mytribehr.com/careers by submitting a cover letter and resume for consideration, with link to your UI/UX portfolio.