AT&T Isleading the way to the future – for customers, businesses and the industry.We’re developing new technologies to make it easier to stay connected to theirworld. With a network that covers 225 countries, including more than 120million customers, we’d say we’re well on our way. Together, we’ve built apremier integrated communications company and an amazing place to work andgrow.
The SoftwareEngineer, Oracle Fusion will be located El Segundo Office, this positionreports to the Development Manager, Platform Services Development and isresponsible for developing a software components that power our applicationsused to transcode commercial advertisements for various target destinations(STB, mobile and online video apps).
In this role you will
- Work with theproduct management team to elaborate epics into user stories and provideaccurate estimates
- Implementproduct features within a team using best practices to meet product or solutiondeliverables.
- Participate incode reviews and provide constructive feedback to peers and other developers
- Produce designartifacts such as class diagrams and sequence diagrams for product features orclient solutions.
- Refactor code toincrease operating efficiency and extensibility and/or adapt programs to newrequirements.
- Assist QA and production operation teams after the software isreleased.
- Provide support as requested or needed for Production incidentsand
- Implementsreusable unit tests to ensure the integrity of on-going product quality.
- Prepare softwarepackages and documentation for deployment that adhere to the defined standarddeployment policies.
- Post-secondarydegree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering orequivalent academic experience required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A creative thinker and experienced problem solver with a hungerfor knowledge.
- A strong technical ego-less team player who can work well withina pre-existing team structure
- Minimum 5 years’ experience designing and implementing end-to-endenterprise grade software
- Solid knowledge of the Java programming language
- Excellent understanding of distributed multi-tierinfrastructure.
- Experience utilizing SOA-based middleware platform Oracle'sFusion Middleware concepts like BPEL, BPM & DAS.
- Experience with Oracle DB concepts like SQL, SQL tuning, PLSQL –functions & procedures
- Human interface design andusability experience
- Knowledge of design patterns (MVC, Strategy, Factory, Singleton)and general design considerations.
- Solid experience with REST & SOAP Web Services, JDBC, SQL,threading, JSP,Hibernate, Struts, Unix/Linux, Oracle DB
- Proficient in the use of SCM tools (GIT, SVN, Maven, Jenkins),best practices and continuous integration.
- Extensive knowledge of UI framework/MVC pattern utilizing JQuery,CanJS, Bootstrap, Swagger, Backbone, Struts, JSF, Spring, Spring MVC
- Experience with database design, SOA - BPEL/BPM, ESB, caching,JMS, XML, XSD, and XSLT
Bonus points if you have thesr
- Strongunderstanding of Google Polymer Framework, Angular JS or React.
- A clear understanding of various web application technologies, including AJAX, CSS, JQuery, etc…
- Understanding or prior experience with mobile video transcoding,packaging, encryption and video players for iOS/Android/Web a plus
- Familiaritywith the technical details of commercial streaming mobile video offerings