Adaptive Methods, www.adaptivemethods.com, headquartered in Virginia with offices in Maryland, Florida, Rhode Island and Washington is a developer of advanced sensor processing and computing architecture products for surveillance, security and military combat systems. We are a privately-owned defense contractor, which, in partnership with the federal government, addresses critical U.S. Navy Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) needs.
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. citizenship, for access to sensitive information.
Adaptive Methods is seeking a Software Engineering/Computer Science Intern to join our Sensor Systems Group to help develop, test and integrate complex real-time software for Navy sonar signal processing systems. Candidate should have an interest in developing and testing software for scientific applications.
RESPONSIBILITIES (included but not limited to):
• Work as part of a small team of engineers and software developers providing advanced solutions for Navy programs in the area of sonar signal processing.
• Develop software tools to assist with data collection and analysis activities.
• Support algorithm assessment activities and test integration events working closely with our software engineering leads.
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
• Pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
• Software development experience in C/C++ or Java.
• Good verbal and written communications skills.
DESIRABLE JOB SKILLS:
• Exposure to Sonar or Radar signal processing applications.
• Experience with Matlab.
Submit resumes, referencing SWINTERN-VA-CGDG-0917 and salary requirements to http://www.adaptivemethods.com/careers/current-jobs/
If you are interested in applying for employment with Adaptive Methods and believe you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources Department.
Hearing impaired users please have your relay service provider contact our Human Resources Department.
ADAPTIVE METHODS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click Here To Apply