The Sales Engineering Team at MNJ Technologies is looking for a Solutions Architect proficient in multiple technology categories, capable of independently designing and presenting solutions to customers.
The primary purpose of this multi-faceted role is to complement the sales force by providing advanced technology solutions for our growing customer base. The Solutions Architect role combines sales ability with industry knowledge and product expertise and offers this combined insight to sales, customers & partners.
The demands of this role necessitate candidates possess broad and deep technical knowledge across multiple technology categories. Our success is dependent on strong relationships between MNJ and our customers. Keen understanding of each customer’s unique environment, business goals and objectives is essential to provide effective designs and solutions.
· Assess, design and provide IT solutions across multiple categories including but not limited to: Data Center, Networking, Security, Collaboration and Cloud Services.
· Conference calls and on-site visits with sales team and customers.
· Develop customer proposals including building the Bill of Materials and assist MNJ Services engineers in creating Statements of Work.
· Perform technical presentations and demonstrations to customers.
· Create, maintain and update reference architectures and design templates.
· Articulate our service capabilities as well as reseller capabilities.
· Develop campaigns and sales plans with sales teams.
· Maintain and grow multi-vendor technical and pre-sales IT knowledge.
· Keep relevant technical/market knowledge up to date.
· Keep knowledge of sales programs/tools/procedures/sales incentives up to date.
· Maintain industry-leading technical and pre-sales/sales engineering certifications.
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma required.
· Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Information Technology preferred.
· At least 2 years of experience in IT industry required.
· At least 2 years of experience in sales support/presales.
· At least 1 year of experience in giving technical sales presentations.
· At least 1 year of design experience throughout the Cisco Portfolio (Route/Switch/Data Center).
· Experience creating estimates via Cisco Commerce Workspace.
· Advanced understanding of network, server, and storage interoperability concepts and solutions.
· Advanced understanding of server virtualization - VMware, Citrix, Hyper-V or KVM.
· Advanced understanding of network principles and advanced networking topics including: Routing/Switching, Unified Communications, SD-WAN, WAN Optimization and Wireless.
· Advanced understanding of data center concepts including: SAN/NAS Enterprise Storage, Data Center/Storage Switching, Converged Infrastructure, Hyperconverged Infrastructure, software-defined data center services along with Backup and Disaster Recovery.
· Experience in the design of cloud solutions including: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and/or additional cloud solutions.
· A minimum of one industry sales engineering/presales certification of the ‘sales engineer’ or ‘design associate’ level. Multiple and higher-level certifications a plus.
· Advanced understanding of the IT industry.
· Ability to articulate industry trends and business relevance.
· Must possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate key messages clearly and effectively.
· Ability to work as a team with sales and engineering resources.
· Results-focused and goal-oriented.
· Self-motivated with the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges.
· Conceptual thinking.
· Must be able to adapt to change seamlessly.
· Must be willing to travel on an as needed basis.
· Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
· Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with vendors, customers, employees, and the general public.
MNJ is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer