About the Job
- MRP/ ERP (SAP Preferred), MS Office, Manufacturing Environment, Fast Paced Environment, Material Management Experience
- Client is looking for very strong Senior Level Management Skills, Managing a Big Group of People
Please note this is a Permenant Position.
Please include ALL contact information on your resume.
Must have semiconductor experience.
Must have experience with leading a group of Candidate.
Must be a Materials person NOT a Supply Chain person.
The primary function of the Materials Manager is the execution of material planning, purchasing, inventory control, and returned materials disposition processes in order to support production requirements to meet customer need dates. This role is responsible for developing resources to meet department objectives, financial performance measured against department budgets and inventory, operational performance measured against strategic / tactical objectives, and continuous improvement
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all materials functions related to master planning, purchasing, RMA and maintaining or where at all possible, lowering unit cost
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures and material control systems
- Develop and maintain performance metrics to track performance of buyers and planners in meeting goals & objectives
- Ensures materials are ordered and in stock to meet build requirements, while maintaining acceptable inventory levels to meet all published targets
- Develop material schedules and plan requirements for purchasing materials, using MRP and other planning systems to ensure continuous supply of material to support business objectives
- Work closely with Customers to expedite customer requirements
- Work closely with customers and other sites to transition materials for new products
- Work closely with internal groups, including engineering, quality, and sales to ensure functional specifications are met, parts are available as needed, and product quality is maintained
- Selects, develops and evaluate staff members to ensure the efficient operation of materials-related functions
- Develops key supplier relationships to ensure continuous supply of material
- Escalation and resolution path for all material shortage issues
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong management, leadership and organizational skills in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Strong communication, relationship building, and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of quick-turn, engineer-to-order environment
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of MRP/ERP applications (SAP preferred) and MS Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- APICS/CPIM certification preferred
- 5 - 10 years relevant management experience, with significant materials related technical experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Experience in low mix, high complex and configurable product
Management Experience (for people manager job only):
- 5+ years of proven strong team building and employee development experience
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:This section is required for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Acts (ADA)
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Work is performed primarily in a standard office environment
Physical Demands :
• Ability to climbing, stoop, kneel, reaches, walk, push, pull and grasp
• Ability to stand for sustained periods of time.
• Need to have visual acuity to perform the tasks.
Ability to move arms, hands and fingers.
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Ability to lift over 10 lbs. with assistance
• Ability to talk on phone and use computer for extended periods of time may be required.
• Subject to frequent interruptions.
• Required to wear personal protective equipment where applicable.
• May involve exposure to moderate noise levels from printers, faxes, computer etc.
• Work may require out of town travel depending upon assignment (training and meeting).
For consideration please refer job 291.