Tax Manager - Denver CPA Firm
Our Tax Managers manage tax compliance workflow, supervise and review tax staff and seniors, approve corporate tax returns. Tax Managers perform tax planning to minimize tax liabilities of individuals, estates, trusts, and businesses and researches unusual tax matters. Strong soft skills such as communication, active listening and leadership are very important to this role, as Tax Managers play a key role in training and developing staff. Excellent soft skills are also critical to success delivering high quality service, as the Tax Manager is the key day-to-day client contact.
Description of the Firm
This is a high-energy, positive environment. We highly value delivering superior service to our clients, a high-growth atmosphere to our team members, and a positive contribution to our community. Our clients are dynamic and ensure you a continuously satisfying variety of engagements including International. When you join our team, you will be paired with an executive mentor to help you achieve your goals. If becoming a Partner is important to you, you won't need to sacrifice family to reach that here.
To be considered for this Tax Manager opportunity, you'll need:
- CPA + Masters in Tax preferred
- 5+ years current tax planning and compliance experience for High Net-Worth Individuals, Private Companies & Not-for-Profit entities in a CPA firm or Family Office
- Foreign Reporting experience is a plus
- Stock Option planning experience is a plus
- Demonstrated skills necessary to ensure high quality client service
- Successful experience training, supervising and developing Staff
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, deadlines and budgets
- Ability to prepare financial statements
- Identify and communicate ideas to improve client service, opportunities to expand services with clients with firm partners
- Identify and communicate opportunities to improve firm culture and staff development and retention with firm partners
- Integrity, Intellectual Strength & Agility
- Are a passionate learner, and welcome opportunities to be stretched
- Bring an Entrepreneurial point of view to the Tax Manager role
- Are an energized professional - seeking greater responsibilities and more autonomy with clients
- Have the passion & curiosity to look through the financials into the business, to identify potential opportunities for client gain
- Are engaging & thrive building relationships internally and externally
- Hidden Career Opportunities
- Proven Talent
- M&A Success
Why work with SterlingFreeman?
- All inquires and conversations are held in strict confidence.
- You'll gain access to more opportunities through our deep network of contacts at 7,000+ CPA firms in every part of the US.
- You work with a team of highly experienced industry specialists.
- Our mission is to help you achieve your professional & personal goals by facilitating the right connections for YOU.
- We do this VERY WELL!