The Telecom Specialist is responsible for Telephony infrastructure, voicemail, and call center configuration for client networks. Further responsibilities include, design and implementation of projects, monitoring all critical hardware and helping ensure an optimized and stable infrastructure.
The Specialist role is an entry level position with primary responsibilities including managing a ticket queue and escalating issues to appropriate team members. A Specialist will be asked to create documentation and maintain that documentation through the change process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- First point of contact to the customer.
- Installs, configures and maintains organization’s PBX and associated telephony infrastructure. E.g. phones, IP soft phones, Voicemail etc.
- Monitors infrastructure for uptime, capacity and usage and, reports information to team.
- Proactively researches, analyzes trends and recommends steps towards implementation of optimizing telephony infrastructure.
- Participates in reviewing existing instructions, guidelines, standards and policies seeking continuous improvement.
- Assists in developing instructions, guidelines, standards and /or policies.Seeks resolution to Tier I work orders escalated through the IT Support Process.
- Assist with Tier I network support as needed
- Develops and publishes monthly production statistics, as directed, to report on system performance.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish all work tasks and has a certain degree of creativity and latitude.
- Works within a team environment
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Education and Experience:
- Some College Coursework completed, AA/AAS in IT field preferred
- 2 - 5 + years Telephony experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 / 2012 and Windows Desktop OS
- Proficiency with MS Office productivity applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc)
- Knowledge of common enterprise network technology and design methodologies
- Experience configuring/managing Cisco Routers/Switches
- Experience with QOS/VOIP implementations
- Experience administering Cisco Call Manager
- Experience administering Cisco Unified Contact Center Express
- Working knowledge of legacy analog telephone infrastructure
- Experience with Cisco VG analog gateways preferred
- Experience with standard telephony tools, knowledge of buttset and tone generator/wire location tools, punch down tools, cable termination and crimping tools
- Experience configuring and managing call center software, call routing patterns, deskside telephony infrastructure (handsets, wireless headsets, etc)
- Knowledge of ITIL processes for Service Management and Change Management
- Customer Service Focus
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
- Function as a member of a work team, self motivated and highly responsible.
- Ability to work effectively with our customers.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Work in corporate environment which allows for team work and good communication skills
- Some onsite support work in manufacturing production environments
- 5% Travel Time
The security of company, customer and client business information is vital to the interests, reputation, and success of Involta, LLC. Violating the trust relationship among the organization, its clients, its vendors, and employees can be damaging beyond repair. If you are contacted by any person or organization and asked to supply information, refer the request to your manager or the CEO.
To protect Involta, LLC’s legitimate interests, it is necessary that you maintain the security of information, which includes data and any other information not generally available to the public. All customer and client information is to be regarded as subject to information security guidelines that must be applied at all times. If you take action that compromises information security, you are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
Involta is an Equal Opportunity Employer