Northeast Behavioral Health Community Based Services
Therapeutic Support Staff/Full Time
Justice Resource Institute's, Connecticut Division is expanding child welfare services in Connecticut. We are currently recruiting Full-time Therapeutic Support Staff for Northeast Behavioral Health Community Based Services in the Waterbury and Torrington region.
NEBHC Services are designed to help DCF involved youth remain in the home or to transition back to the home from outside placements. Services and training incorporate principles and interventions from Trauma Informed, Cognitive-Behavioral and Wraparound models.
The TSS provide a variety of community-based services to children, adolescents and their families. These services include Skills Coaching, Life
Skills training, activity/leisure planning, job coaching, community exploration & integration, behavior management, crisis management and case management services.
The TSS delivers services in accordance with an outpatient or In-home therapy care plan that is jointly developed by the outpatient, or In Home therapy provider with input from the DCF workers, parent/guardian/caregiver, and youth, and also include other involved parties such as school personnel, other treatment providers, and significant people in the youth’s life.
The TSS is responsible for maintaining positive relationships with clients, outside agencies, families, and other involved parties and serves as an integral member of a youth’s treatment team and is responsible for all documentation and Individualized Action plans as required by policy and procedure.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human service field from an accredited university with 2 years of direct relevant experience working with youth and families who require behavior management to address mental health needs
- Ability to be certified in American Red Cross CPR/First Aid
- Daily access to a working, registered and insured vehicle
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Ability to independently plan and organize one’s own schedule and activities.
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft computer systems and an understanding of the internet
- Acceptable Background check record
- Acceptable Driving Record and a valid driver’s license
JRI's Connecticut Community Based Program's mission is to provide a comprehensive continuum of care to children and families by utilizing a strengths-based wraparound approach to maximize each child's potential. The children we serve will build competencies, gain stability, and be offered support and hope for the future as they become participating members of society.
Offer includes: Access to excellent Blue Cross medical and Delta Dental benefits, 401K, tuition reimbursement, pension, generous paid time off and much more!
JRI is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to building and maintaining a diverse community. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.