The Visionworks family is a quickly growing corporation with the opportunities you need to excel in your career. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, Visionworks is one of the largest vertically integrated optical companies in the United States and are leaders in integrated vision care solutions. At Visionworks every employee strives to create the best possible customer experience, from on-trend fashions to state-of-the-art eye care.
Join our team and be a part of our company mission to lead the industry with the most frames, the right prices, and the best people.
Visionworks is currently hiring for a top notch individual to office in San Antonio, Texas for the position of Training Manager. The Training Manager will be responsible for leading the design, delivery and distribution of training initiatives as well as establishing key partnerships with leaders to execute the tactics that support the strategic direction of the training function relative to the long-term and short-term strategic business initiatives of the organization.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Conduct training needs assessment/analysis, compile results, and present recommendations based on key business initiatives and Executive Management directives.
- Design, develop, deliver and oversee core Associate-level training programs (ie: Visionworks New Market Training; New Hire Training; etc.)
- Implement training initiatives which may involve design/development/delivery, project management, partnering, and/or consulting and advising.
- Support large-scale business meetings, such as TD Training Sessions, Home Office Training, Leadership/Management development sessions, etc.
- Support the presentation of Facilitation Skills and Content Rehearsal “train-the-trainer” sessions for certified trainers and appropriate management on new and existing programs to ensure consistency in content/message across all markets/departments.
- Develop cross-functional partnerships to ensure that training programs are designed, developed and delivered to effectively address key business issues.
- Preferred bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent combination or experience and education
Experience & Background:
- Three (3) plus years of related work experience
- Must have held a leadership position in similarly sized organization, multi-unit management experience, retail operations experience, experience with leadership and management development programs, basic understanding of store POS and operational procedures, basic understanding of optical concepts, basic understanding of ABO/NCLE/State Licensing requirements/certification process and criteria
- Basic computer skills to include: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel & Power Point.
- Familiarity with various e-learning methodologies and learning management systems (LMS) preferred but not required
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential preferred
If you are prohibited from working on a government contract, this may disqualify you from consideration for this position.
Visionworksprovides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or disabled veteran, or any other status protected by Federal, state or local law.