Come join Cathay Bank and be a part of a successful organization that values Integrity, Strategic and Effective Leadership, Exceptional Employees, and Extraordinary Services to Customers. Our employees play an integral part of our missions to be a bank with an open door and the premier financial partner to our customers and assist them in reaching their financial goals and dreams!
In 1962, Cathay Bank opened for business with the mission of providing financial services to the growing but underserved Chinese-American community in the greater Los Angeles area, thus becoming the first Chinese-American bank in Southern California. Recognizing that the community it served was part of a more diverse one, Cathay Bank adopted the motto "An Open Door for All." Its rapid expansion was fueled by successive waves of immigration, burgeoning trade between America and Asia, and the economic development of the surrounding community.
Today, Cathay Bank is a subsidiary of Cathay General Bancorp (NASDAQ: CATY), a publicly held bank holding company with $13 billion in assets. Its service network extends from California and Washington on the West Coast to Nevada, Texas, and Illinois, and New York, New Jersey, Maryland, and Massachusetts on the Eastern Seaboard. Overseas, it has a presence in the three important commercial centers in the Asian-Pacific Rim -, and .
- Achieve department assigned goal and objective including fee income, deposit, and projects.
- Market new prospects. Expand and develop commercial and consumer customer base.
- Coordinate with various departments and branches in developing business opportunities.
- Quote exchange rate, execute transactions/follow-ups, perform all aspects of new account opening procedure, and produce reports in an accurate manner.
- Conduct customer, branches, and loan teams training and seminars.
- Analyze market data/development and communicate to colleagues and customers.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive products, practices, rates, and changes in the market.
- Risk management, negotiating and quoting foreign exchange pricing.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Experience: Minimum five to seven years of experience in sales, business development, bank’s new account, or customer service. Previous foreign exchange experience in financial institutions.
- Skills/Ability: Good risk management, negotiating and closing skills. Strong cross-functional team skills. Ability to work independently under minimal supervision. Ability to travel locally and out of state. Bilingual in English and Chinese. Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Excellent communication skills and ability to process financial information quickly. Ability to concisely articulate information to colleagues and customers.