VP, Business Systems Technology
***Local candidates only. No relocation or telecommute***
The Vice President of Business Systems Technology (VPBST)is responsible for planning the Business technology future for the organization, aligned with business drivers and objectives as well as the ongoing operations and maintenance of current systems. He/She also ensures maximum uptime and stability of the company’s computer systems and networks; security; disaster recovery. The essence of the role is technology leadership, and the VPBST must be able to rally the troops around the technology strategy, plan, and path for the company.
The winning candidate is a hands-on, career technology professional. She/He is currently managing an applications team and is ready to move up in the organization. This candidate started their career as a technologist and is now a savvy provider of technology solutions, well-versed and aware of commercial solutions that deliver business value, time-to-market and low TCO. As the company is a “Microsoft shop”, he/she must be exceptionally competent in Microsoft platforms and services. Specifically Microsoft Dynamics and Azure. This candidate also understands the value of process-based technology and has a knowledge of industry standard process disciplines.
- Designs, develops and implements comprehensive, computer based business technology systems to ensure users’ needs are met and data is processed according to company specifications and requirements. Users include both internal and external customers.
- Prepares and maintains technical specifications and related documentation to secure systemsand mitigatesystem failure. Responsible for company's disaster recovery plan.
- Researches and recommends specific hardware and software technologies and acquisitions. Negotiates with vendors on behalf of the company to ensure cost-effective purchasing decisions. Responsible for an ongoing Vendor Management approach for Business Technology.
- Ensures hardware and software aremaintained and data is secure through proper back-ups, effective security measures and processes, and ongoing staff training.
- Manages budget, tracks detailed expenditures, and controls expenses effectively.
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises Business Technology staff effectively.
- BS/BA in computer science or similar engineering discipline.
- Ten or more years of experience managing an information systems team.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and experience in the use and application of the most current technologies and products used in the industry, including cloud, SaaS, and Microsoft.
- Must have extensive Microsoft Dynamics and Azure experience
- Prior experience managing and supporting multiple business locations.