Responsible for the supervision, control and storage of all raw and packaging materials stored in receiving warehouse. Issues corrective actions on non-conforming product and serves as a liaison between management and receiving personnel.
· Enforces the control of inventories in raw and packaging materials.
· Maintains and establishes new administrative systems needed to control receiving, delivering, and transfer of materials in the plant.
· Reviews and checks reports and controls in the SAP system.
· Supervises, coordinates, & organizes inventory control on monthly basis.
· Coordinates with Total Quality to verify good quality of the incoming materials.
· Keeps purchasing of inventory levels on weekly basis.
· Controls budget through reduction and control of overtime and manages receiving budget within operational procedures.
· Enforces company policies through communications and documented training.
· Supervises timely disposition of raw and packaging materials to Production, vendors, co-packers and other plants.
· Maintains report of weekly and monthly material usage.
· Participates with Safety, Sanitation, Quality and new products Committees.
· Ensures that monthly Safety meetings are held with department employees.
· Implements Company policies to comply with the State & Federal Health and Safety regulations.
· Ensures cross training and development of qualified employees.
· Ensures Lead have complied with all their training program responsibilities.
· Monitors and maintains records of all transactions, including requirements of the customer, policies and procedures of the company.
· Supervises flow of finished goods from Production to Distribution Center
· Resolves any employee issues and documents disciplinary actions and superior performance recognitions for all employees.
· Promotes open communication
· Conducts timely performance evaluations of subordinates.
· Schedules the maintenance of material handling equipment.
· Supervises the compliance of all federal, state, local & Company safety & quality policies.
· Actively participants in the HACCP Team, responsible for but not limited to Internal auditing, training, implementation, and corrective actions.
· Provides suggestions to improve process, procedures and department in support of company goals
· Verifies all personnel are present and well suited to work
· Ensures employees are effectively performing assigned tasks and evaluates performance at appropriate intervals
· Maintains a positive and constructive work environment within the department as well as with other departments and promotes teamwork
· Trains new employees and monitors and evaluates their progress (includes Safety, HAACP & Food Safety)
· Conducts monthly Safety training meetings and participates in communication meetings
· Works in a safe manner, observing all safety requirements
· Verifies GMP’s and Safety standards are maintained at all times and take action and/or follow-up when deficiencies are noted
· Consistently applies company rules per employee handbook and per company policies (i.e. attendance, safety, etc.) and ensures safety regulations, policies and procedures are followed
· Monitors Kronos schedules, timecards, and prepares all HR – related paperwork, including disciplinary actions, ESNs, Attendance Forms, etc.
· Ensures compliance with the HACCP program and AIB gold standard
· Ensures all food safety principles and legal requirements have been applied effectively
· In the absence of the department manager… will be responsible for the duties and responsibility of the department manager.
· Must work various shifts and hours including holidays and weekends
· Other duties, as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Some college preferred
Experience: 1 to 3 years
Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
2 years’ experience in Food operations preferred.
Lift 50 lbs
Use Electric Pallet Jack/Scissor Lift
Must Be Bilingual (English and Spanish)