Odyssey is looking for a Web Application Developer to support a team providing advanced technical support services. This team designs, specifies, and develops solutions for complex heterogeneous computing infrastructure. Performs research and development to identify and implement applicable emerging technologies in the Laboratory computing environment. Utilizes formal project management methodologies; gathers customer requirements; performs risk management functions; performs capacity and availability planning for computing infrastructure; performs effective communication both, verbal and written, at all levels.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
2. Developing software based on W3C standards such as XML Schema, Web Services, DOM, XPath, XSL and associated tools.
• Must be a U.S. citizen
• Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated proficiency with computing environments.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team leader and with members of a technical team in achieving common goals.
• Ability to work autonomously in analyzing problems, designing, developing, testing and deploying solutions.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Programming experience in JAVA, .Net (VB, C#).
• Experience working with and developing in the .NET Framework and Microsoft technologies.
• Understanding of and professional experience in developing software based on W3C standards such as XML Schema, Web Services, DOM, XPath, XSL and associated tools.
• Understanding of and professional experience in developing software using Agile or Scrum Methodologies.
• Understanding of and experience in developing relational database applications (Oracle, MS SQL Server, and MS Access).
• Commitment to all aspects of maintaining the Laboratory's security environment.
• Must be able to work in a team environment and focused on customer service.
• Experience in project management.
• Experience working with data warehouses and business intelligence.
• Experience with various middle-ware architectures (.Net, J2EE, etc.).
• Experience with SharePoint sites and InfoPath forms.
• Ability to write clear and concise documents, create and present presentations, capture and analyze data.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Los Alamos, NM
• Travel: Non-Anticipated.
• Duration: 1 year and 40 hours a week.
• Employment Status: Full Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD. LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: Pre-Employment Background Check and Drug Test Required
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.