About the Job
- further their education, graduate from High School, or obtain GED,
- gain admission to college, certificate program, apprenticeship, other training program
- link to DVR;
- obtain housing;
- obtain employment;
- obtain community resources;
- access appropriate mental health, substance abuse and other treatment services;
- obtain appropriate medical care, insurance, including preventative health services;
- communicate effectively and advocate for themselves.
NEW BA GRADUATES welcome to apply- extensive training provided.
The following are also required:
Strong Communication Skills, Motivating Others, Listening, Verbal Communication, Emphasizing Excellence, Supports Diversity, Results Driven, Quality Focus, Documentation Skills.
Bachelor’s degree Helping Professionals, Social Services, Human Services, Family and Children Services, Child Advocacy, Psychology, Social Work, Latin American Studies, Woman Studies, Gender Studies, Community Health, Child Adolescent Development, Human Development, Nursing, or other helping professionals. Educational foreign equivalency may be accepted.
Availability to work 4 evenings, Monday to Thursday until 7:30 PM.
- Home, school and community visits primarily in Essex County, Middlesex and Monmouth Counties.
- Travel both with your own vehicle (with mileage reimbursement) and with an agency vehicle (when conducting activities with youth). Youth may not be driven in your own vehicle.
- Valid NJ driver's license and clean background check, including fingerprinting, State and Federal.
- Day and early evening hours.
NJ Driver's license in good standing is required to drive agency vehicles. Personal vehicle also required. Final candidates will be fingerprinted at our expense.
Benefits include health, dental, vacation, holiday, personal days and sick time. No weekend hours.
MCS is an EOE and seeks diversity in our team. MCS is a pleasant working environment, with a cooperative team of professionals from many backgrounds and disciplines.
MCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer- regardless of creed, religion, color, national origin/nationality, ancestry, age, gender/sex (including pregnancy) marital/civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, domestic partnership status, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, AIDS and HIV status, disability (including perceived disability, physical, mental, and/or intellectual disabilities), or liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States of America.
Persons planning on working toward their MSW or other Masters in Child Welfare may be considered for work study and field supervision can be provided. Schedule may be flexible for students working on Master's degrees, as long as the schedule meets client's needs.
Please indicate if you are bilingual in English-Spanish, or English-Creole (all a plus, but not required).
MCS is an EOE.
PLEASE APPLY BY EMAIL TO email@example.com
Please include your name in the file name of your resume. No phone calls please.
Children Youth Services, Child Welfare, Child Protection, Child Development, Parent Education, Outreach, Linkages, Community and Social Services, Advocacy, Immigration, Substance Abuse, Domestic Violence, Mental Health. Poverty, Child Abuse and Neglect, Family Preservation, Family Reunification, Teen Pregnancy, Prevention Services, Public Health, Psycho-education, Parenting Skills, Family Planning. BA in Human Services, Social Services, Child and Family Welfare, Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or other helping professional.