About the Job
A Leading Service Company located in Essex County, New Jersey is searching for a Payroll Manager who will be responsible for:
- Manage and guarantee weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to 5,000 employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws
- Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely
- Supervise payroll staff, including payroll supervisor and payroll specialists
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
- Personally process weekly paychecks for Executive staff
- Audit W-4s, payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Communicate actively with Operations, HR and Billing to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing
- Partner with HR and benefits in aligning and implementing a more sophisticated payroll and benefits system
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time in line with contracts (union and non-union)
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, and ADP
Qualified applicants for this opportunity will possess
The total compensation range for this opportunity is $51,000 to $62,000 with excellent benefits, bonus, and 401k with match. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity (and/or others similar to it) please forward your resume to email@example.com or call us at 973-921-9777 . Ref. # MO04XXCFR. Visit our website at http://www.nauticusgroup.com/ to learn more about Nauticus Group and to view more job postings.
Have a friend or colleague in need of career assistance? Help them and help yourself! Speak to a recruiter today about our referral bonus program.
Nauticus Group is an elite staffing team specializing in placing all levels of accountants, bookkeepers, analysts, tax and audit professionals on a temporary, consulting, or permanent basis. Job titles and responsibilities of the candidates we specialize in placing may include the following: accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit, collections, payroll, bookkeeper, accounting clerk, junior accountant, accountant, staff accountant, senior accountant, financial analyst, financial reporting, financial management, auditor, public accounting, tax, cost accountant, accounting manager, controller, treasurer, VP of finance, CFO, Sarbanes-Oxley Consultant, SOX, fixed assets, account reconciliation, cash applications, journal entries, general ledger maintenance, bank reconciliation’s, trial balance preparation, financial reporting, month-end, GAAP, SEC, quarterly and year-end close, financial statements, budgeting, CPA, CMA, planning, internal controls, tax return preparation, forecasts and variance analyses, internal management reports, consolidations, foreign currency management, profit and loss, internal controls, inventory, sales tax, multi state, property tax and payroll tax.