About the Job
TPR Consulting is currently looking for Management Consultant with financial system implementation experience and Accounting background to support the Back Office Solution Management team of our client in Bellevue, WA. We are the Approved Vendor for this Telecom client. Listed below is the job description:
The Back Office Solution Management team drives improvements to the Finance functions by working closely with business stakeholders and technology teams to identify, evaluate, and prioritize process and technology improvement opportunities, and develop a strategic approach to implementing change.
This role will lead the implementation of a long term vision and roadmap to align Lease (Lesee) Accounting to the new USGAAP and IFRS standards currently due by 2019 by implementing a new Lease Accounting system, processes, and accounting treatments. The candidate will need to have a wide variety of skills and strong communication in order to support activities, such as: Project/Program Management, managing multiple organizations and vendor relationships, proven ability to lead projects to completion, understanding of accounting principles and processes, executive presence, managing and guiding steering committees, multi-level communications, and managing through influence and inspiration.
The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running with previous experience in implementing financial systems, develop a clear understanding of the business teams they represent, be self-motivated and resourceful, and have strong creative problem solving skills. Must have a spirit of ownership, not just independent advisory. Must have the willingness and ability to roll up their sleeves and create deliverables, as well as lead. This department team is evolving, so understanding other business areas in finance and accounting is a plus as we will be covering other areas as the team is hired.
- Stand up the appropriate tools/structure for managing a long-term project with multiple teams
- Responsible for timelines, status, risks/issues, budget, scope management, and documentation repositories
- Understands, Communicates, and Drives intertwined deliverables and timelines into a complete, delivered solution
- Responsible for status communications upward, across, and down within the project team.
- Creates materials for and runs the Steering Committee meetings to inform leaders
- Ensures that decisions and direction are visible and transparent to all stakeholders
- Ensures that all team members, regardless of experience, understand their roles/responsibilities in the project
- Guides teams to work together for a complete solution
- Manages escalations, drives issues/risks to closure
- Understands that removing roadblocks is as important as driving dates.
- Foster an environment of effective collaboration
- Proven experience in managing multiple vendors on successful implementations
- Works with SOWs, negotiates change requests and conctracts, works with vendors to handle changes in the project
- Ultimately responsible for the quality of the delivery of the implementation
- Responsible for managing to the timeline and raising concerns, resourcing constraints early enough to mitigate
- Responsible for keeping the scope of the project in line with the strategy of the expected deliverable.
- Bachelor of Arts / Science degree. Preference for business or technology degrees; MBA or Masters in Accounting ideal.
- 10 years relevant work experience in Project execution, or technology– enabling accounting or finance processes through robust technology improvements
- Proven experience in managing complex financial/accounting systems implementations with degrees of change
- Proven experience managing multiple vendor contracts to delivery
- Experience managing complexity in unstructured operating environments, while still able to navigate in larger, more structured environments and demonstrate a history of balanced decisions about when more process is beneficial
- high degree of innovation, with proven examples of applying knowledge, experience, and judgment to ambiguous problems
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills; must be very comfortable with data
- Must have experience creating ROI analyses or other forms of business cases to inform project prioritization
- Be detail-oriented and believe that details matter greatly to the success of the solution
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
We are looking to interview and hire candidates ASAP. Please contact us if interested: email@example.com