About the Job
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Are you looking for a position that offers advancement opportunities, great benefits and recognition for a job well done? Join MAFPRE Insurance!
MAPFRE Insurance is a forward thinking insurance company offering friendly service from over 2,000 professionals focused on taking care of you and your family. For decades, MAPFRE Insurance has been protecting families and their possessions with quality insurance coverage and a strong commitment to service excellence. Today we are represented by a powerful network of agents located throughout the United States.
Your Future Starts Here!
Insurance Sales Agent
This position is with MAPFRE Insurance located in Columbus, OH.
Supports MAPFRE’s direct sales channel initiatives by building and maintaining a book of business. Primary responsibility is to drive and close new business sales exclusively for the MAPFRE Insurance group of companies.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or professional level of knowledge in a specialized field, or equivalent, related experience.
- Experience: 2 - 4 years - or Associates Degree equivalent plus 4 - 6 years.
- Knowledge: General knowledge of industry practices, standards, and concepts within field of work. Applies them to perform work requiring analytical business skills.
- Decision Making: Makes decisions related to a wide variety of situations within management limits. Interprets guidelines and procedures, applying judgment and discretion. Decisions influence portions of a project, client relationships and/or expenditures.
- Supervision Received: Works independently under general supervision. Work is reviewed for overall adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Leadership: May provide training and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Problem Solving /Operations/Direct Work Involvement: Develops solutions to a variety of problems, typically of moderate scope and complexity. Refers to and interprets policies and practices for guidance.
- Client Contacts: Manages internal and external relationships. Represents organization as prime contact for projects and other necessary communications. Interaction may include senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring complex coordination between organizations. Communication involves persuasion and negotiation, as applicable. Seeks ways of improving client service.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Previous sales experience desired, preferably but not limited to P&C insurance sales.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience recommended.
Candidate should possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
Technical knowledge of P&C insurance preferred.
P&C licensed, or the ability to apply and pass P&C licensing exam within 45 days of employment.
Must be able to successfully complete continuing educational course(s) required to maintain agent license.
MAPFRE in the United States
Offers a wide range of insurance solutions for the home, vehicle, life and traveler
Is the 21st largest Property-Casualty Insurer
Is the 19th largest private passenger auto insurer
Has a network of more than 4,200 independent agents and brokers
Has a presence in 19 states
Rated “A” (Excellent) by A.M. Best
MAPFRE Across the Globe – MAPFRE S.A.
Is a multinational group present in 49 counties with more than 36,000 employees
Is the number one non-life insurer in Latin America, and one of the top 20 reinsurers in the world
Insurers over 13.2 million cars and over 5 million homes
MAPFRE is committed to recognizing our employees as our most valuable resource. We know our employees are the foundation for our accomplishments. That’s why we offer so many opportunities to share in the success they help us achieve.
- We are MAPFRE. We are people who take care of people.
If you require an accommodation for a disability so that you may participate in the selection process, you are encouraged to contact the MAPFRE Insurance Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.