About the Job
Our Penske Recruiter will manage the full life-cycle recruiting process, including: sourcing, selection, offer negotiation, and initiating the onboarding process for our distribution operations in Detroit suburbs. We are seeking a highly responsive, customer focused individual with strong time management and organizational skills to manage approximately 30-50 (primarily hourly) positions.
Qualified candidates will have at least 2-3 years of high-volume recruiting experience with a similar work environment, a strong understanding of the rural Detroit labor markets, and demonstrated creative approached to local in-market recruiting.
- Maintains effective working relationship with HR and Operational partners to ensure appropriate staffing service levels are met through the creation of area staffing plans
- Confers with management and supervisors to identify staffing needs and requirements, conducting intake/scoping calls and providing process overviews and realistic expectations to hiring managers.
- Manages the necessary sourcing and advertising of openings
- Develops and maintains relationships with technical schools, colleges, alumni groups, military sources, and diversity organizations to find and attract applicants
- Manages and facilities onsite hiring events (open house, career fairs, interview days)
- Conducts electronic screening and phone screening of candidates, updating status in our tracking system.
- Maintains constant communication with hiring managers on active candidates. Also regularly discusses future hiring needs and backup candidates.
- Coordinates background checks on applicants, and reference checks where appropriate
- Coaches hiring managers with effective recruiting practices to ensure polices and legal requirements are in compliance.
- Possess and maintains on-going knowledge of the latest recruiting strategies utilizing a high level of creativity and latitude
- Ensures compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations including AAP, ADA, and OFCCP; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences in all phases of recruitment process.
- Supports Penske diversity initiatives and objectives.
- Develops a full understanding of, and utilizes, reporting features of recruiting systems, including requisition reports, candidate status reports, etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2-3 years recruiting experience in a large, decentralized or centralized company environment required
- Bachelor's degree required, or, at least 3 years of equivalent work experience required
- Must have demonstrated internal customer service skills, including troubleshoot and problem solving experiences.
- Must have demonstrated strong organizational and documentation skills
- Able to communicate effectively both in-person and through written correspondences and presentations with candidates, peers, managers, and leadership.
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced environment, and keep up with a high volume of activity
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Willingness to travel, about 20-40% to various locations by car, plane or train overnight, as required or directed by area operational leadership
- Excellent knowledge of Internet candidate data mining; recruiting certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applicant tracking systems required, prior experience with Taleo preferred
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.