About the Job
Title: Education Supervisor
Open Date: 3/20/2017 Requisition Number: 012-2017
Department: Recreation, Education and Youth Services
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Recreation, Education and Youth Services Director
Location: Valley Center, CA
OPPORTUNITY:Under the direction of the Recreation Education and Youth Services Director, this position is responsible for the supervision of all education related programs. This includes performing all associated administrative/department functions, duties and responsibilities. Some duties include managing assigned employees; developing and administering Tribal education programs; coordinating overall operations of the Education Department; performing administrative activities to include maintaining records, payroll and budget. This position is responsible for meeting the Recreation Education and Youth Services goals and objectives of the Rincon Band of Luiseno Indians. This person will conduct business in a professional and cordial manner that will uphold the integrity and reputation of the Rincon Tribal Government.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Education or a related field. Five (5) Years’ experience in education programs. Experience with Native students preferred.
WORK-RELATED KNOWLEDGE:Knowledge of topics related to the job of Education Supervisor.
Knowledge of developmental/administrative operations, and staffing plans/objectives for the expedience and effectiveness of specific duties of the department. Knowledge of Education policies, methods, computer operations, equipment needs, etc. as they pertain to departmental operations and activities. Philosophy, principles, and practices of Education programs and special events. Philosophies, principles and practices of Public and Native Education Programs. California Education Code and Common Core base of study. School district utilized software and Portal techniques. Other Native organizations and programs to support Rincon youth and education program goals. Principals of supervision, training and evaluation. First Aid methods and safety precautions related to educational settings, classroom operations and buildings. Teaching techniques of “Special Needs” students
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS: Valid driver’s license
- Plan, organizes, coordinates and implements a comprehensive education and Tutorial program consistent with the California Education Code and it’s “Common Core” base of study
- Supervises and directs all full-time and/or part-time staff in daily operations in achieving education program objectives
- Make recommendations regarding the organization, scheduling and staffing of the Education Division and services
- Prepare quarterly reports, periodic updates, establish and maintain report card/student grade tracking system
- Develops and implements annual standardized student testing system and evaluates effectiveness
- The development of goals and objectives for an effective Education program operation
- Act as Tribal Representative with School Districts, local colleges and universities and other Tribal governments
- Oversees implementation and operations of summer youth development program
- Assist in the evaluation of assigned staff, handle employee concerns and problems, assign work, counsel, and recommend disciplinary and other personnel actions.
- Respond to Membership complaints and requests for information
- Act as Tribal Representative with School Districts, Rincon Committees and other Tribes
- Assist in the administration of all operations, activities and policies of the Education Department.
- Prepares an education plan to ensure that programs are delivered within guidelines and budgets.
- Coordinate an active community relations campaign to promote educational and cultural programs.
- Facilitates public relations, marketing and promotions; communicates and publicizes educational programs.
- Formulates policies and procedures; seeks approvals from the R.E.Y.S. Director as appropriate; interprets/administers policies, rules and regulations; monitors adherence to education requirements where applicable.
- Assist and prepare/present annual fiscal budget; administers approved budget; prepares/implements capital improvements budget.
- Maintains inventory of materials, equipment, and supplies; initiates orders for new or replacement materials.
- Ensure education facilities are maintained in order to ensure a safe, clean and appropriate environment for education activities
- Prepares and/or generates routine correspondence, letters, memoranda, forms, reports and other documents via computer and/or typewriter.
- Provides written, oral, and computer based presentations to Tribal Council, General Membership and other individuals for program reporting, project status, and community outreach.
- Responds to routine requests for information from Rincon Tribal officials, employees, members of the staff, the public or other individuals.
- Answers the telephone; provides information; returns calls as necessary.
- Attend, coordinate and develop: meetings, conferences, and trainings to remain current on all national, regional, and local issues pertaining to Tribal Education issues.
1. Perform other related duties as required.
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a resume to the Human Resources Department, 1 West Tribal Rd.,Valley Center, California 92082, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Background investigation, drug and alcohol screening are required as a condition of employment. Rincon Band of Luiseno Indians is an equal opportunity employer.