Registered Nurse – Emergency Department
AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
Full Time Nights
7a-3p = base wage
3p-11p = base wage plus 15%
11p-7a = base wage plus 18%
Weekends are another 10% on top of the above
7a-3p = base wage plus 10%
3p-11p = base wage plus 15% plus 10%
11p-7a = base wage plus 18% plus 10%
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Provides for delivery of patient care through assessment with identification and prioritization of presenting problems or needs, to facilitate optimum patient care
• Evaluates patients presented to the Emergency Room upon their arrival
• Performs, properly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with departmental and hospital policy
• Recognizes potential emergency/life threatening situations and implements preventive measures
What You Will Need:
• A graduate of an accredited school of nursing or degree program
• Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas or Compact State
• BLS (Basic Life Support) - upon hire
• ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) - within the first six months of hire
• PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) - within the first six months of hire
• TNCC (Trauma Nurse Core Course) – within the first 18 months of hire
• CPI (Nonviolent Crisis Intervention) – within the first three months of hire
The ED Registered Nurse (RN) provides direct patient centered care in a critical care area as part of a multidisciplinary team to prioritize care through appropriate triage, assess the needs of the patient and provide treatment, and properly disposition the patient. The ED RN provides patient-centered care to a population within the age range of newborn to geriatric.