- Position Type:
Hourly/Caregivers for School Age Child Care Program
- Date Posted:
Grosse Pointe Public Schools
Kids Club Caregiver
Responsible To: Deputy Superintendent of Business and Support Services through the Child Care
Coordinator and in cooperation with building principals.
Supervises: Children in the Kids Club program
Job Summary: The caregiver must be able to supervise and work creatively with children in a
group setting before and after school. The caregiver is able to work collaboratively with the on-site
- Work collaboratively with the on-site director.
- Assist in the implementation of daily activities for students.
- Visually supervise students.
- Interact with students positively while supporting their growth and development.
- Enforce program rules but leave issues of behavior management to the on-site director.
- Maintain a friendly rapport with parents and building staff.
- Assist with implementing daily activities.
- Prepare the daily snack.
- Attend at least 16 hours of training/professional development each calendar year.
- Follows all rules and regulations established with the Bureau of Children and Adult Licensing of the Michigan Department of Human Services
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Child care background is preferred.
- Must pass the State of Michigan Comprehensive Background Check
- Must meet minimum State Licensing Requirements.
- CPR and First Aid Certified (we will provide)
- Must be able to effectively carry out all above mentioned job responsibilities.
- Work compatibly with Director and co-workers
- Be punctual and in attendance daily.
- Must be able to work morning and after school care.
- We offer 9 month and 12-month positions. (12-month positions work through the summer for Camp O’ Fun.)
- Candidates who are offered the position will be hired through EDUStaff.
- M-F 7:00-8:30 AM (9:05 AM on late-start Mondays) 3:15-6:30; School Year Hourly
Please complete the on-line application and attach cover letter and resume.
Position will remain open until filled.
The successful candidate must meet the State standard for a clear criminal history and provide mandated fingerprint clearance.