Work Location: Naval Station Norfolk, Virginia
Roles & Responsibilities:
Supports a dynamic U.S. Navy facility that specializes in operation, maintenance, and readiness of experimental U.S. Navy watercraft by performing the following duties:
• Research, quote, source, and procure parts, equipment, and subcontracted services on behalf of contractor and government
• Monitor transactions, document and maintain current status, and follow-up with vendors from material quote through final invoice
• Perform financial data entry functions
• Perform miscellaneous office management and administrative duties
• Provide status reports as requested to senior management and customer
• Chair bi-weekly meetings and brief material procurement department scope of work
• Assist in monitoring of reception desk
• Must be proficient in MS Office Software Suite to include Excel and Outlook
• Requires attention to detail, diligent status documentation, and identification and escalation of potential issues or delays in procurement process
• Must be self-motivated with excellent time management skills
May be required to work first shift (0700-1530) or second shift (0830-1700). Work will be performed in enclosed buildings. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, light lifting, and reaching.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
1-5 years’ experience in administrative, data entry, and/or material acquisitions support role. Prior experience in purchasing preferred.
Possess a valid driver’s license.
U S Citizenship required and the ability to obtain a DoD Interim Secret Security clearance prior to start date and maintain clearance throughout employment.
All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record and Criminal Background Investigation.
Candidates possessing current final secret clearance will be given preference.
Recent graduates encouraged to apply.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality. EOE M/F/V/D/SO