Openings as of 5/17/2019
- 19/20 SY CAMPUS SECURITY DISPATCHER @ CARL HAYDEN HIGH SCHOOL JobID: 3040
- Position Type:
Classified Security/CAMPUS SECURITY DISPATCHER
- Date Posted:
CARL HAYDEN HIGH SCHOOL
- Date Available:
07/29/2019Phoenix Union High School District No. 210
4502 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85012
Equal Opportunity Employer
POSITION TITLE: Campus Security Dispatcher
WORK YEAR: 9-10 months
DEPARTMENT: As Assigned
SALARY SCHEDULE: Support Services
The Campus Security Dispatcher performs dispatching and office clerical duties in support of campus security operations; receives various security-related campus information by telephone, radio, email, and/or other sources; contacts and dispatches security personnel to campus areas; contacts emergency responder agencies when needed; provides information to students, staff, visitor, and outside agencies as needed; performs a variety of office clerical duties; and performs related work as assigned.
1. Receives information regarding campus security issues by telephone, radio, email, or other sources; notifies and dispatches campus security personnel to campus locations as needed.
2. Monitors emergency fire security alarm systems and video surveillance cameras; monitors outgoing 9-1-1 calls and incoming HotLine calls; contacts Police and/or Fire first responders and alerts appropriate campus personnel as necessary.
3. Enters security incident data into the PUHSD record management system; prepares reports and maintains logs as required.
4. Serves as an information resource regarding the campus security office, campus parking program; Provides an exceptional customer service experience to students, parents and guardians, staff, vendors, and community members.
5. Maintains campus lost and found.
6. Performs general clerical and office work, including typing, proofreading, filing, checking and recording information.
7. Maintains accurate and comprehensive records and prepares clear and concise reports.
8. Interprets and applies pertinent PUHSD policies, procedures, laws, codes, and regulations.
9. Perform security duties based on campus security needs.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. One year performing office clerical support work that required giving/receiving information to/from the public and/or one year experience working with youth in a public/educational environment and /or one year experience in law enforcement or related activity.
3. Be at least 21 years of age.
4. Ability to effectively communicate and elicit information from upset or irate callers.
5. Must effectively demonstrate both oral and written English communication skills.
6. Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff and outside agencies such as County, State, City, and other local entities.
7. Must possess valid Arizona Drivers License.
8. Must possess current Red Cross first aid certificate and CPR certificate at time of employment or obtain within first 60 days of employment and maintain on a current status.
9. Knowledge of techniques used to distinguishing between emergency and non-emergency calls.
10. Work under pressure, exercise good judgment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
11. Ability to operate emergency, radio transmitting and other dispatching systems.
Principal, Lead Security/Assistant Lead
PREPARED BY: JDRC
REVIEWED BY: JL/LT/MG
APPROVED BY: TALENT
EFFECTIVE DATE: 5/2/2019
- Position Type: