As a senior leader in Software Engineering, you will combine your years of proven expertise with a never-ending quest to create innovative technology. You’ll lead a highly inspired and inquisitive team of technologists who are already developing and deploying applications to the highest standards. With your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming, your team will raise their game even more, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your experience in one or more technology domains will help solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. As a constant learner and early adopter, you’re already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies; your example encourages others to follow suit. In addition to creating solutions with your in-house team, you’ll also work alongside our team of technologists from around the world who are just as dedicated as you are.
The Card Technology IT Organizational Manager, Lending Technology Lead will be responsible for Chase’s highly critical Lending Agenda. She / he will be expected to partner with Chase’s leaders to create and execute the Card Technology strategy and will be accountable to Business and Technology leaders for end to end application scoping, planning, development, implementation and post-implementation maintenance and support.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement Card’s Lending strategy
- Partner with Chase’s business and technology leaders to deliver business objectives
- Manage relationship with senior business partners and multiple technology teams
- Manage talent- coach staff, conduct performance reviews and appraisals, personal development planning and promoting effective teamwork
- Drive strategy and innovation- develop and implement roadmaps and target state architecture
- Perform financial management – demand management, headcount pipeline, real estate, and application cost management
- Maintain the health of the systems – includes Cyber, application and infrastructure health
- Drive the full lifecycle (plan, manage and delivery) to meet defined deliverables, processes, and tools
- Research, recommend, and support new standards, experiments, innovations and upgrades
- Responsible to develop and implement technology business processes based on JPMC/ industry-best practices
- Provide hub leadership at the Delaware Technology Center
- Deliver presentations to various level audiences
- Mange the workload on simultaneous application, datacenter and infrastructure related projects from inception through completion
• Mastery of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
• Command of architecture, design and business processes
• Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
• Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
• Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
• MS or PhD in Computer Science or closely related degree.
• Over 10 years of relevant industry experience, with 5 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
• Working experience with managing Distributed and Mainframe teams
• 6+ years of experience leading Application Development teams - Agile, Microservices, Cloud
• 4+ years managing large geographically diverse teams
• Experience with Waterfall and Agile development processes, methodologies and tools
• Experience developing and deploying complex data applications
• 7+ years of experience in Information Technology
• Able to communicate complex technical concepts to company stakeholders in an easy-to-understand manner
• Experience implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures
• Strong project management skills (e.g. planning, budgetary control, people management)
• Financial industry experience with exposure to credit card management systems in large scale/high volume industry is preferred
• Knowledge in the field of data architecture/data modeling, business intelligence software, ETL tools like Ab Inito will be a considered a strong plus
• Knowledge of Finn Tech industry would be a plus
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.