1970 - Senior Contracts Administrator
The Senior Contracts Administrator is responsible for ensuring consistent administration and management of all contract and subcontract documents and processes. This includes oversight throughout each contract’s life-cycle, as well as the ability to review, draft, edit and negotiate contract terms with limited oversight. The Senior Contract Administrator’s role requires close collaboration with various departments, including business operations, finance, project/program management, bids & proposals and business development.
- Oversee the administration of the contract life-cycle from execution to termination, expiration, close-out and other post-contract obligations.
- Ensure all relevant stakeholders are engaged in negotiations, development, execution, and fulfillment of all agreements.
- Prepare contract briefs and ensure that contracts and proposals are properly entered into contract management, customer relationship management, organizational databases and collaborative tools.
- Communicate relevant contract information to all necessary parties and provide interpretation of terms and conditions to support implementation and delivery.
- Ensure compliance with all agreements including revenue recognition, contract fulfillment, deliverables, and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the development of uniform standards for contracts and maintain standard agreement database.
- Participate in contract strategy and management meetings to identify issues and client requirements, facilitate pricing discussions, obtain senior management input on timelines and deliverables, and provide status updates on current and pending agreements.
- Support drafting of contractual provisions as requested based on strategy discussions, senior management input, and organizational needs and expectations.
- Assure accuracy, completeness and appropriateness of contract text, forms, and attachments.
- Monitor deadlines on deliverables, contract durations, renewals, and expiration dates, and communicate and provide updates on an ongoing basis with business partners and internal clients about these and other contractual issues.
- Review contractual performance of all contractual parties to ensure compliance with terms and to identify conflicts or changes requiring resolution at contract renewal.
- Assist with protests and FOIA requests.
- Ensure contract close-out, extensions or renewals.
- Keep current with FAR and other procurement regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Professional Certifications preferred.
- 5+ years of federal Contracts Management/Administration experience.
- Must have working knowledge of the FAR.
- Experience with state and local government contracts administration is a plus.
- Experience with GSA Schedules, including developing mods and supplementing offerings.
- Deltek CostPoint competency is required
- Experience with Foundations is a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills for building strong customer relationships and working with all levels of senior management and personnel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to systematically analyze complex problems, draw relevant conclusions, and implement appropriate solutions.
- Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, both in one-on-one and group situations.
- Proficiency in utilizing and interpreting financial models and analyses.
Bring your passion, expertise, and experience to IBTS, where we appreciate and are committed to our employees. We offer outstanding benefits, growth opportunities and work hard to maintain a culture that values our employees.
The Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization that was established to provide unbiased professional building code compliance services, while enhancing the communities in which we work. At IBTS, our mission is to deliver quality services to meet the challenges of governance at all levels while enhancing public safety, economic development, and the general welfare of the community. Our services include Building and Community Development, Energy and Sustainability Services, Disaster Planning and Recovery, Quality Assurance, as well as Compliance and Risk Monitoring.
IBTS is headquartered in Ashburn, VA, with additional offices in Louisiana, Missouri, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Washington, DC.
We are committed to building a community of experts with diverse backgrounds, disciplines, and perspectives who are passionate about our mission. IBTS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.
Explore the opportunities!