Colonna's Shipyard is looking to obtain experienced candidates with ability to obtain DBIDS within our Down River Division's Pipe Shop.
We are pleased to accept resumes for 2nd Class Pipefitters.
This is a full-time position with competitive pay, based on experience, and immediate work within our headquarters in Norfolk, VA.
- Performs layout, fabrication, installation, testing and repair pipe systems
- Fits pipe and properly prepares joints for welding to meet the specific requirements of the system on which work is being done.
- Works from blueprints and makes fabrication sketches from which another mechanic could fabricate a unit of pipe
- Lays out and figures off set bend and rolling offset bends
- Make up flanges Proper sequence and material required
- Read blueprints and drawings related to the job
- Set up and operate burning torch
- Fabricated and design pipe hangars
- Test piping systems and air and water
- Conduct actions and work behaviors according to safe shipyard practices
- Tack weld, Silver braze, soft solder and burn
- Install simple systems without blueprints
- Work with all materials and sizes of pipe and tubing
- Lay out all piping systems
- Run pipe bending machines
- Evaluate joint allowance and build the piping systems within the required tolerances
- Construct dimensionally correct mock up for offsite prefabrication.
- Work with all types of pipe joints, welded, screwed, soldered, glued, and all types of materials
- Able to properly use hand tools and power tools associated with the trade
- Train insubordinates and supervise crew and senior mechanic
- Adherence to industry codes, specifications, and regulations
- Work independently to complete responsibilities
- Ability to obtain a DBIDS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years' experience in shipboard pipefitting.
- Willing and capable of working on government and commercial vessels
- Able to read blueprints and tack weld
- Ability to use hand tools and instruments associated with the Pipefitting trade
- Brazing certs is a plus
- Industrial pipefitting experience is welcomed
Compensation & Benefits
Position compensation is based on experience.
Our benefits include: • Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance• 401K, company match• Paid Time Off (PTO)• Legal Services• Annual performance evaluations • On-site Human Resources• On-site gym• Free and close proximity parking• Employee perks/gifts and more
All resumes are reviewed immediately for consideration.
Colonna’s Shipyard and our affiliates are pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE / M / F / DISABILITY / VET
These are our VALUES and the guidelines that make us a leader in our industry. We are pleased and confident in stating that our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in the ship repair industry.