Amee Bay, LLC, a subsidiary of Three Saints Bay, LLC, is an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC)-owned Small Disadvantaged Business. We are a subsidiary of Three Saints Bay, LLC and owned by the Village of Old Harbor, Kodiak Island, Alaska.
Our company was formed out of a long standing marine engineering firm with more than 30 years of government contracting experience. This significant support and history makes this SBA 8(a) company one that can prove its dependability, strength, and knowledge. We are primarily a marine engineering firm specializing in rotating machinery and naval hull, mechanical & electrical systems on commercial vessels, naval ships and submarines. We perform in-place repairs of critical shipboard rotating machinery such as motors, generators and turbines. We provide in-service engineering for most shipboard hull, mechanical, electrical, and auxiliary systems such as deck machinery, air conditioning, switchboards, and hydraulic systems.
Amee Bay is also expert at the complexities of installation support onboard vessels in an industrial environment. As with many engineering activities, our corporate experience and promise of future performance is embodied in our talented workforce. We have over 140 engineers, technicians and analysts with more than 1,500 years of combined technical knowledge that spans the entire range of propulsion, hull, mechanical, electrical and auxiliary systems found on board marine vessels and naval ships. Our personnel have expertise and capabilities comparable to Navy shipyard tiger teams and OEM technical agents.
1st Class Mechanics perform tests, manufacture, troubleshooting, and repair of machinery and shipboard mechanical systems. This employee performs a wide-variety of different tasks depending on the needs of the company.
• Knowledge of maritime mechanical systems
• Navy tag-out,WAF programs and applicable Naval procedures / instructions
• Maintain QWI and associated forms
• Implements and monitor OSHA safety
• Demonstrated ability to supervise junior personnel
• Understanding of shipboard mechanical machinery equipment and systems such as main propulsion machinery, auxiliary machinery and hydraulics.
• Ability to troubleshoot, disassemble, and inspect Hull, Mechanical and Electric (HM&E) equipment
• Ability to disassemble, clean, assess and inspect, reassemble and operationally test mechanical systems.
• Knowledge of mechanical systems components such as valves, bearings, gears, remote operators, couplings, system alignment, etc.
• Fully versed in the use of all types of precision measuring instruments, such as calipers, micrometers, dial indicators and torque wrenches.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints, sketches, written technical instructions and manuals, make red-line drawings, and design recommendations.
• Working knowledge of trade mathematics and formulas in order to calculate torque conversion, pressure & temperature specification parameters.
- US Citizenship
- Must be able obtain/maintain security and base access clearance. Active security clearance preferred.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or equivalent with Navy ‘A’ / ‘C’ school(s) or completion of a vocational, maritime, or journeyman training program.
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience.
- Must pass drug screening.
This position is for continuous active recruitment. Candidates will be contacted as positions become available.
WE ARE A VEVRAA FEDERAL CONTRACTOR
This position is for open continuous recruitment. Candidates will be contacted as open positions become available.
Three Saints Bay, LLC and its subsidiaries offer a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated industry professionals. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government and commercial clients, both domestic and international.
We are an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.