Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Produces and prepares billets, pre-forms, forgings, and removes flash as required to meet customer specifications and production standards.
2. Operates abrasive and band saws, belt grinders, abrasive wheel grinders, extrusion and upset presses (horizontal and vertical), forge and trim presses, glass lube units, induction heaters, and forge furnaces (gas and electric), and forklifts.
3. Makes minor adjustments to tooling during production as required.
4. Adds or removes shim as instructed.
5. Obtains die lube from lube storage container.
6. Posts production information as instructed and completes job related paperwork including sign-off of traveler/batch cards.
7. Performs within guidelines established in the Process Work Instructions (PWI) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
8. Performs daily housekeeping tasks to provide a safe, clean, and orderly workplace.
9. Reports job irregularities to shift lead person.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
High school diploma, general education degree (GED), or equivalent training and experience
required. Minimum of two years experience in a forge production environment. Must pay careful
attention to all safety requirements. Ability to interpret and record readings from calipers and
micrometers. Above average hand and eye coordination. Demonstrated ability to obtain a forklift
operator’s license and drive a forklift safely.
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.