Title: Shipping and Receiving clerk
FLSA: Hourly, non-exempt
Location: Miramar, FL
1st Choice Aerospace, a VSE Aviation company, is an FAA/EASA 145 Repair Station with locations in Miramar, FL & CVG/Hebron, KY. We are in high-temp/high-flow pneumatics, fuel accessories and controls, electronic and electrical accessories, avionics, instruments, crew seats, O2, cargo, and waste systems for commercial, cargo, & military aircraft. Our facilities feature state of the art technology capable of supporting both new generation & classic aircraft. In addition to traditional T&M MRO services, we offer many different levels of support with programs tailored to each customer’s specific requirements. We carry a large inventory of rotable components to support our repair operations as well as industry demand. Our team is dedicated to our mission of providing every customer “Responsive Reliable Service.”
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform receiving inspection by verifying that customer P.O.’s meets Quality requirements, by verifying serial numbers (S/N), part numbers (P/N), obvious damage on units, capabilities and revisions. Manage customer holds, engineering holds, quality holds, and maintain direct communication with customers, customer service, and internal team.
• Perform shipping duties, verify P/N’s, obvious damage on units, shipping instructions, shipping addresses, verify commercial invoices (MS) Memo of Shipment and proformas when shipped directly to third parties, create airway bills and inspection of customer’s crates prior to shipping final goods, send invoices and contact carriers to schedule pickups.
• Verify all information on P.O.’s, internal company components or supplies, P/N, quantities, suppliers, expiration dates, notify purchasing department of any discrepancies or damages, and return of an RMA (example: damaged or incorrect material).
• Verify that R.O’s match materials being shipped out, R.O with material returning from vendor by matching with our work process sheet (WPS) and verifying certificate provided by outside vendors.
• Direct communication with customers for incomplete documents, returns and other discrepancies, as well as saving and requesting of the Proforma and MS.
• Comply with all applicable quality, health, safety and environmental regulations.
• Inspectors stamp receiving inspection, Repair Order (R.O.), Purchase Order (P.O.).
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
•2+ years in a warehouse environment; Aviation related a plus.
•Good verbal and written communication skills, ability to read, send and execute instructions via email and memos.
•Proficient with computers, basic knowledge of word editing software, inventory sheets and email management.
•Warehouse Operations’ Knowledge, experienced with shipping, receiving and stocking practices.
•Hazardous Materials Shipping and Handling, knowledge of HAZCOM and general shipping procedures.
•Aviation Materials Knowledge, familiar with parts numbers, descriptions and handling.
•Ability to carry several assignments at the same time and deliver positive results.
•Adjust to continuous change, ability to shift focus to new task while keeping productivity and without losing sight of general goals.
•Detail Oriented, able to produce accurate work to avoid unnecessary reproduction.
•Self-initiated, able to complete needed work and/or identify areas that require work.
•Dependable, completion of all assigned tasks and maintains good attendance.
•Inventory Background experience (preferred)
•Forklift driving experience (preferred)
•Hazmat shipping experience (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Required to stand during extended period of time; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Competitive benefits: Health, dental, vision, life and AD&D, 401K retirement plan, vacation and sick time.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. First Choice Aerospace considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.