ABC Millwork in Chanhassen, MN is hiring full time assemblers for first shift! Hours are 6am-2:30pm, Monday-Friday with occasional Saturday mornings.
Put your dreams together
Here at ABC Millwork, we take pride in the craftsmanship of our products. After all, we are building the American Dream, and we take that mission seriously. Our assembly team is a key force in ensuring that quality and attention to detail. Our state-of-the-art operations are designed so that you can deliver your best. We also understand that you have dreams of our own. At ABC Millwork, you�ll find a wide range of career paths to build your skills�and your dreams.
Why ABC Millwork?�
- Earn $16.40�per hour�starting
- Hours are Monday - Friday, with occasional Saturday overtime
- Casual dress code
- Progressive pay system
- Opportunity to grow your career!
- Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, FSA, 401k, Time off, and more!
A Millworker is responsible for door, window, trim, stair and cabinet production. This associate pulls trim orders, mills material for stock and cuts milled material for various applications.
Essential Job Duties:�
- Pulls trim orders, consisting of the following: stools, moldings, hardware, locks, doors, exterior jambs, etc.
- Sizes lumber according to specifications for making miscellaneous millwork items, such as mantels, doors, handrails, wooden window frames, cabinets and stair components.
- Mills materials for stock such as bead boards, dental moldings, fill outs, open stairs such as double return treads, single return treads, bull nose, etc.
- Trim, putty, sand, cover, and label milled components.
- Cut components including stringers, wall offsets, pocket cuts, and 45-degree flares.
- Checks the quality of material pulled from stock and manufactured material and assures correct type, amount, dimension, and length, etc
- Assures quality of materials used to produce high quality finished products.
- Checks finished product at time of shipping to verify invoice.
- Keeps machines and work area clean.
- Changes dull saw blades, sanding belts, jointer blades, planer blades and shaper bits, as needed.
- Performs tasks, such as stocking material, cleaning racks, helping in other areas, etc.
- Cross-trained in other areas of the millwork shops.
- Retain an awareness of the work environment critical to the task at hand to produce error free and damage free results.��
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:�
- Minimum Education-- High school education or GED.
- Experience in Assembly or Manufacturing preferred
- Special Skills-Operating machines and tools such as: saws, sanders, air tools, etc. Ability to read tape measure, architectural drawings and blueprints.
- Physical demands include standing and walking for extended periods of time, bending or stooping, regularly lifting 50 pounds and occasionally 100 pounds or more.�Ability to work overtime and Saturdays as needed.