Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for efficient operation of packaging machines ensuring proper weight, spicing, sealing and code date of finished product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Inspects equipment daily to be sure it is clean and sanitary.
- Checks metal detectors as instructed.
- Conducts changeovers, replacing packaging film as needed.
- Coordinates proper spicing with correct packaging film.
- Checks code dates for accuracy every 15 minutes.
- Inspects bag seams making sure seals are strong.
- Works with quality control to ensure standards are good; keeps applicable records.
- Maintains efficient operation of equipment.
- Troubleshoots and proactively solves potential problems with equipment.
- Communicates with all production associates to ensure positive flow of production and accomplish goals of the packaging schedule.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum two years’ experience in operating food processing equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of machinery and sound mechanical ability.
- Ability to use production computer program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to be an independent thinker and make good decisions.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment under constant pressure of production line environment.
- Must be able to lift rolls of film weighing up to 50 pounds.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.