Performs professional nursing duties in the care of geriatric residents. Uses evidence based practice in providing direct care to the residents and supervision of paraprofessional staff. Reports directly to the Long Term Care Director of Nursing or designee.
· An Associate or Diploma in Nursing from an Accredited College.
· Current licensure as a Registered Nurse.
· Must maintain continuing education requirements as mandated by state in which license is held.
· Initiates and utilizes the nursing process to meet the holistic needs of the patient and family while adhering to the professional standards of conduct, ethics, and practice.
· Develops and implements patient/family teaching programs based on mutually identified health care goals.
· Documents all observations, nursing interventions, therapeutic measures administered, and status of coordinated activities between nursing and other professional disciplines.
· Observes the resident’s clinical condition: recognizes, identifies, and interprets serious and/or emergent situations while initiating appropriate nursing interventions.
· Monitors, evaluates and responds to CNA observations and documentation of residents’ behaviors, physical condition, and abilities.
· Recognizes respects and promotes the integration traditional native values and customs into daily care and routines of the resident.
Come join a compassionate and adventurous team in a wonderful professional work environment. You will get to live above the Arctic Circle, discover Inupiat culture and experience life on the tundra with intriguing people who are balancing the preservation of their traditional language and customs while implementing the knowledge and skills necessary to provide quality service.
• Relocation for the employee and family
• Subsidized housing
• Large PTO earnings & cash out options
• Free health, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance for the employee
• And more! Please contact Jeanne.firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
Job Location- https://www.nwabor.org/village/kotzebue/
Kotzebue is located 549 air miles northwest of Anchorage and is 33 miles above the Arctic Circle. There are no highway systems that connect the region with the rest of the state, however Kotzebue’s Ralph Wein Memorial Airport supports daily jet service to Anchorage and Nome as well as smaller prop-driven aircraft to 11 surrounding villages.