GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Under close supervision, perform routine glass-working tasks in the shaping, forming and uniting standard glass materials in the fabrication of simple glass products. Perform cleaning, grinding, cutting and washing operations. Work from well documented work instructions, production diagrams and/or blueprints on assignments where dimensions and tolerances are easily obtained and maintained.
Training Shift: MON-THU, 5:00a-2:30p; FRI, 5:00a-9:00a
- Accurately follow work instructions.
- Excellent visual acuity; ability to see small details and finish variations and defects.
- Inspect and observe for product or equipment defects.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances or standards; to be precise, thorough, exacting or meticulous in regard to material worked; or in activities such as numerical determinations, record preparation or inspecting.
- General knowledge and understanding of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerance.
- Read and interpret a variety of technical drawings, blueprints and technical manuals.
- Precise usage of precision measurement equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years quartz fabrication experience preferred, scientific glassblowing education in lieu of experience is considered.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and equipment recommended.
- Must be flexible regarding shift availability.
Tosoh Quartz, Inc. offers a competitive wage and benefits package, including:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 4% match (employees are immediately vested at 100%)
- Company paid: Life and AD&D, Long Term and Short Term Disability
- Generous Wellness Reimbursement, up to $500/year
- Employee Education/Tuition Reimbursement*
- Dependent Education Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts & Perks Program
- Columbia Sportswear Employee store access
*Tuition reimbursement depends on program and relevancy to career goals and individual development plan. Must be employed for 6 months before eligible.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or any other protected class. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.glassblowing, glassblower, quartz