Are you an educator seeking a position that provides cutting-edge educational experiences to change kids' lives? If so,Gary Lighthouse Charter Schoolis the right place for you! We are currently seeking an innovative, energetic and committed English Language Learners -ELLTeacherTeacherto join us for the 2020-2021 school year.
Please submit your application or send your resume directly to Christine Ginty in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Gary Lighthouse Charter Schools are two established schools, serving K-8th grade to make positive changes in public education in the Northwest Indiana.
- We are currently collecting resumes for candidates interested inhaving a transformational impact on students and staff through literacy development..
- Licensed educators passionate about rigorous academics, student achievement data, high expectations will behighly considered.
Will you be the next strong addition to our 2020-2021 team of change-agents in Northwest INdiana?Find out by applying now!
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required, Masters Degree preferred
• Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred
• Required state teaching certification/licensure; Highly Qualified status under No Child Left Behind
• Proven track record of raising student achievement scores in an urban environment
• Strong desire to work within an innovative, urban educational program
- Demonstrated success teaching elementary level reading and math
• Mission Focused
• Driven towards Excellence
• Results Oriented
• Culturally Proficient
• Collaborative Colleague
• Constant Learner
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Knowledge of or experience with Common Core State Standards or Understanding by Design preferred
• Ability to use data to inform instruction and decision-making related to student achievement
• Ability to turn best practices into high quality, goal-driven results
• Highly effective writing, oral and interpersonal skills to communicate with a varied audience
• Data managements tools, organizational tools, computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook)