May 13, 2020
Bus Drivers will be placed into a Bus Driver Trainee position pending completion of Bus Driver training. Hourly pay as a Bus Driver Trainee will be $12.00.
SUMMARY: To provide transportation services to Dysart Unified School District (DUSD) students to and from school and extra-curricular activities in a safe and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Observe all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
- Maintain discipline when students are on bus.
- Report undisciplined students to proper authority and completes required forms.
- Keep assigned bus clean.
- Perform mandatory pre-trip inspections.
- Notify proper authority of mechanical and safety device failure.
- Work varying driving assignments.
- Keep to assigned schedule.
- Perform route schedule in a timely and efficient manner.
- Pick-up and discharge of students only at authorized stop.
- Transport only authorized students and authorized personnel.
- Conduct bus safety and evacuation drills.
- Report all accidents to proper authority and complete related reports.
- Drive routes as required.
- Work flexible hours.
- Meet time schedules, be punctual and reliable.
- Maintain a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with employees, students and community.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Obtain and maintain First Aid and CPR card.
- Obtain and maintain a valid Arizona Class B License with passenger (P) and school bus (S) endorsements.
- Obtain and maintain a DOT Physical Certification.
- Obtain and maintain a DPS Physical Performance Certification.
- Submit to Annual and Random, Drug and Alcohol Testing.
- Acceptable driving record for the last (3) three years.
- Obtain and maintain a valid Arizona Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card (AZ IVP FPCC).
- Standard practices, methods and materials of assigned work.
- Occupational hazards and applicable safety principles and practices.
- Safe uses and properties of supplies and equipment.
- Reading routes, maps and schedules.
- Applicable federal, state and local laws, codes, regulations.
- Customer service principles.
- Specialized equipment relevant to area of assignment.
- Modern office technology.
- Utilizing a computer and relevant software applications.
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Prioritizing and maintaining vehicles and equipment to provide safe operations.
- Composing and maintaining basic original documents including reports and correspondence.
- Following directions and meeting standards.
- Comprehending reference books and manuals.
- Operating assigned tools and equipment, with reasonable knowledge
- Interpreting and applying applicable laws, codes, regulations and standards.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move object.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in both the field and in an indoor environment.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
The Dysart Unified School District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer in compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Civil Rights Act Title VII of 1972, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990. Dysart Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment or in any of its educational programs or in the provisions of benefits and services to students.