USC Hybrid High is seeking a talented Special Education Aide. We are looking for an educator who will improve the overall delivery of services for our students with special needs. An individual who is willing to mentor and serve as a team member that contributes to the innovation of our personalized learning model.
About USC Hybrid High College Prep
USC Hybrid High School (USC HHCP) is an open-enrollment college preparatory charter high school located in Downtown Los Angeles. USC HHCP serves 500 students grades 9-12. USC Hybrid High's mission is to prepare students from traditionally underserved communities to use their talents, college degrees and careers to make a positive multigenerational change.
USC HHCP combines a traditional "no excuses" model with an innovative teacher-driven blended learning model that embeds technology across the curriculum and throughout the school day. Students receive a truly personalized education, using a school-provided laptop to master Common Core/College and Career Readiness standards at their own pace. The goal of personalized learning is to increase the percentage of students who graduate from a four year college, allowing them to make a positive multigenerational change in their families, community, nation or world.
USC HHCP is the first campus of Ednovate Schools, a 501(c)3 non-profit charter management organization. Ednovate will expand over time to operate multiple high-achieving public charter school campuses and set the bar for what is possible in a high school blended learning environment.
The Special Education Aide will provide support to our students with special needs and will also provide other supports as needed to the Special Education Department. General responsibilities will include:
- Adapt classroom activities, assignments, and/or materials under the direction of the general education and special education teachers to provide access to class activities;
- Appropriately manage student behavior, implementing a behavior support plan and behavior strategies as needed;
- Confer with teacher(s) on a regular basis to assist in evaluation of student progress and/or implementation of IEP goals and objectives;
- Assist with student assessments as appropriate;
- Participate in IEP meetings as appropriate;
- Maintain appropriate documentation, records, and reports;
- Maintain confidentiality of students and families as mandated by district, state and federal regulations;
- Other duties as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; AA or B.A preferred
- One year of experience experience working with students with special needs in a school setting strongly preferred
- First aid and CPR training preferred
- Embodies our values of Integrity, Entrepreneurial, Mastery, and Joy
- Strong commitment to the mission and values of USC Hybrid High College Prep.